Video shows realistic mock-up of Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:29
A video out of IFA in Berlin claimed to capture a fully assembled Apple iPhone 5, but a check of the identification numbers on the back of the device shows that this is a well designed mock-up of the next iteration of the Apple iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Pings posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:31 37 6
Do you see the innovation in those rounded corners?
9. hamoon posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:57 39 6
18. aaronkatrini posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:23 5 24
yes, but everything designed by apple engeniers!
20. Berzerk000 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:27 21 2
... Or is it? *insert dramatic music here*
66. Raymond_htc posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:25 0 0
da dum tstsssss
27. picka_vi_materina posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:02 15 3
How is it designed by Apple engineers? All those parts are designed and built by other companies. Apple only decides what goes in and designs the box and OS. That's it, there is not even one Apple internal.
34. Phullofphil posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:37 4 3
Apple usually has a big part in a lot of the parts that go in them. Yes they are ultimly designed by other company's but apple well atliest it's true when jobs was around would accept or reject design of parts and also helped design how they would look and opperate
71. monkeytown posted on 02 Sep 2012, 11:57 0 0
oh, just the box and OS.
lol u certainly know that the OS is what makes apple ?
29. redsox420 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:03 7 1
Its Engineers .. And if thats the best these supposedly best engineers can make, then Apple is in MAJOR trouble. No wonder all the litigation around the world.
52. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2012, 19:26 3 3
...and American iPhone worshipers? (mostly) LOL
65. Raymond_htc posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:00 1 0
All NOT made by apple.. except the processor..
don't apple get bored by all its product name? i i i i i i i i ... next? what? the iCar?!
72. ObjectivismFTW posted on 02 Sep 2012, 12:39 1 1
Wait isn't this the iPhone 4?
74. ObjectivismFTW posted on 02 Sep 2012, 13:13 0 0
Processor made by Samsung .. Exynos 4 Quad 0_o
67. InspectorGadget80 posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:27 1 0
NOPE All I'm going to see is this guy going to get his house raided by the FAKE APPLE POLICE. and soon Apple will say NO ONE CAN'T have a 4" screen. still looks like the same ol P.O.S. iPhone
70. monkeytown posted on 02 Sep 2012, 11:56 0 0
why should the game leader change something on his winning concept?
2. vodinets posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:41 13 31
Its getting old to hear android fans saying crap about upcoming IPhone 5. Can we just wait with comments until the device comes out in couple of weeks.
6. tedkord posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:54 32 8
Not nearly as old as hearing Apple claim to have invented everything the modern mobile phone is, like basic geometric shapes, grids of icons, centered touchscreen, etc...
13. Lucas777 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:07 10 19
go protest in front of an apple store or get over it…
16. PhoneArenaUser posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:17 15 9
He has right to comment so use your own advice, stop crying and get over it...
26. Lucas777 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:01 5 9
oh okay so i dont have the right to comment then?
I dont want start this comment war, but the basic point is that we all have heard how apple is horrible in every single article… we get it..
28. PhoneArenaUser posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:03 7 3
Yse, you have like we all.
36. Phullofphil posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:47 0 6
The difference is your trolling if your comments are nothing more than name calling and are not a counter opinion. A good comment would be to say (I don't agree that what I am about to say is right but I am just giving a example) aple has the right to defend there pattents and even though your right they did not invent thos claims they were the only company to apply for and get a pattent for those ideas. Even though the pattents are to me bullsh** pattents they do have them and have the right and should protect them.
45. 305Bucko posted on 01 Sep 2012, 17:45 4 1
crying about others crying about crying.
lol. so much hostility over, what... a MOCK iPhone lol
23. nicholassss posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:46 0 0
I would but it might hurt my chances of working there.
24. PhoneArenaUser posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:51 2 1
Infiltration into enemy ranks? (bandit)
57. nicholassss posted on 01 Sep 2012, 22:48 0 1
silly patents or not i hear its a great place to work and they make prettty great computers.
15. hamoon posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:17 3 4
May be you can wait 1 year for a icrap!
don't say we just wait! you just wait
38. Phullofphil posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:55 0 5
Exactly, of you think that we should wait to coment on apple iPhone untill it comes out than you don't understand the meaning of debating about the rumors and what the phone should and should not be like among other things. This site is not just about reporting on facts of the industry it has a lot more to do with rumors and speculation of future products because well I think that is more entertaining. And the coment sections are there to well coment about those rumors and also debate other coments. And besides the trolls that can ruin an entire comment section, it is what I like to do in my spare time. I am really in to this industry so no I will not wait to comment sir.
68. InspectorGadget80 posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:28 0 0
THE iPhone STILL LOOKS THE SAME. it will sell bout 300,000-500,000 units in it's first week unless it doesn't beats it's old record due to the stupid trial of theirs
17. JessJess (unregistered) posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:21 4 9
As soon as an Apple related news article is posted, floods of trolls start banging on about rectangles and patents -nothing to do with the article in question. Just scroll down here and read....
But then again I don't think PA care tbh, as long as they get the traffic. Happy trolls are win-win for them.
21. PhoneArenaUser posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:27 6 2
Your current comment also don't have anything related with current article. :P Mua! Mua! :)**** :D
30. Lucas777 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:13 1 4
thank you… pa has little to none intellectual comments aymore on anything with an apple in the title…
39. Phullofphil posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:58 1 0
Please explain how that is true. Yes I think you have to skip over the trolls and noobs to get any thing worth heavy thinking but it's still there
49. Lucas777 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 18:31 2 3
okay lets take a look at this article… I am going to list the comments as 1= the first indented comment and 2= the next indented comment
1= snide remark about apple
2= complaining about android fans
3= apple hatred
4= snide remarks about apple
5= more anti-apple talk that 1. isnt true, and 2. has nothing to do with the mockup
6= AN ACTUAL COMMENT (no discussion though sadly since it is so far down)
7= apple hatred
8= apple annoyance
9= snide remarks
11= snide remark
13= apple hate
14= apple hate
So ur telling me 1/15 posts is worth something?
How is anybody supposed to get a good discussion about the mockup through 14 bad discussion leaders?
3. Angkor posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:52 5 1
I hate Apple banned Samsung Galaxy, be a fair player don't ban anyone and be a competitive and innovative company. Apple is a very weak company in innovative and productive by banned other phone makers is very outragous actions.
32. amish1512 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:34 0 5
exactly be a fair player not a copycat and looser
37. SleepingOz posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:52 7 0
You can't even spell loser correctly.. Oh my, that's an ifan!
40. Phullofphil posted on 01 Sep 2012, 17:02 2 0
Get over your self sir this is a coment section with most people using there small phone keyboards to type. It's all about the point of the comment and if you get it. The hardest errors in these coments is the placement of periods and commas, because that can change the whole meaning of a coment by changing the location or adding those
4. tedkord posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:52 8 5
Here is another realistic mock up of the iPhone 5
25. andro. posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:55 1 0
I was trying to remember the name of that phone for days! This phone was a mere experiment gone wrong for LG but was interesting back in those days. Apple cloning its design now is not a good idea however!
50. tedkord posted on 01 Sep 2012, 18:44 0 0
Apparently the LG well didn't run dry after the Prada.
5. MelvinPainter posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:52 2 8
You do know that slave labor made those iphones and pads. Where is the outcry for this horrible business practice? I can't wait for the Galaxy Note 2.
10. tedkord posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:58 4 4
Slave labor doesn't get paid and didn't have the choice to work there. Poor working conditions, sure. And Apple are not nearly the only company that uses them.
The good news is, by publicly shaming Apple, we've managed to get the conditions and pay improved some. Tim Cook has at least some conscience, unlike his predecessor. I just wish we could shame him into moving the jobs back to the USA.
12. 305Bucko posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:04 5 0
I dont like apple but, lets be honest here...
you do realize that every company out there has the same labor practices, just that apple is under the spotlight for making so much money right now, where as other companies offer less benefits and worse working conditions.
14. Lucas777 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:12 4 4
oh okay so you will admonish apple for slave labor, which has never been found, but samsung is okay although they use child labor?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57488780-93/samsu ng-under-fire-by-watchdog-group-for-using-child-la bor/
neither company is probably in the right, but samsung is no better than apple in this respect..
42. Phullofphil posted on 01 Sep 2012, 17:09 1 4
Very good point but take a look at this story it has nothing to do with that. There should be an entire artical and I am sure there is, that you can debate this
8. Berzerk000 posted on 01 Sep 2012, 14:56 3 2
These leaks have been consistent, so it's safe to say this is the new iPhone... Just looks kind of odd, so tall and narrow... Wish Apple would have gone with 4.3" and made it a bit wider as well. Something better be killer with the software, because the hardware seems very lackluster. And they better not pull something like Siri again; put something in that seems like a good idea, then it gets out-done by another thing in a few months (Google Now). Looking forward to the announcement, don't disappoint Apple.
11. OptimusOne posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:00 0 5
apple didn't really gain anything yet with litigation. maybe some delays or temporary injumctions.
apple should just stop. they should put all their litigation money into innovation. and then they can make something as awesome as the first iphone
I want to like apple. I loved their products and i still love some of them(macbook pro :) retina display)
apple just f**ckin stop. you ain't going anywhere. sue someone when they really copy you(like xiaomi)
69. InspectorGadget80 posted on 02 Sep 2012, 10:30 1 0
Apple haven't change their designs since the iphone 4. only have 4" everything else still the same
19. Djillest posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:26 3 2
Why the f**k do they keep posting IPhone 5 pics???? IT LOOKS THE SAME!!!! Only a little bigger...
43. Phullofphil posted on 01 Sep 2012, 17:12 0 1
Because every body is drooling over anything apple related that can be found on the net no matter how little of difference in substance that's changes in the artical
22. champ_vl posted on 01 Sep 2012, 15:32 0 1
You can see by the reflections this is NOT the real iPhone itself but I think a very accurate mock-up.
Well...the only real difference I see is the 4" screen but I'm sure the people from Apple will prove that I am stupid and that it holds over 1000's of INNOVATIVE and UNIQUE features and blah blah.
Have you hipsters prepared your money and tents to wait in front of Apple Stores in September??
33. Angkor posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:37 1 1
iPhone lovers are willing to wait in a shelter for a new iPhone and get fire from their job and it is going to be a permanent shelter in front of Best Buy or Apple Store.
35. networkdood posted on 01 Sep 2012, 16:46 1 1
I am looking forward to the next iphone - I am sure it look vastly different than the last phone, as it always does.