Video shows latest complaint from Apple iPhone 5 users: static lines on QWERTY
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2012, 09:53 posted on
A video shows the latest complaint from Apple iPhone 5 users: static lines that run through the virtual QWERTY keyboard on the phone; for now, the problem only occurs when someone is typing in their password at the App Store or iTunes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
28. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
How can they screw up something so limited?
30. mrllano (Posts: 87; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
It's damage.. Exchange it to apple or exchange apple
31. cheeseaddict (Posts: 49; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
that's the product of cheap production cost and demanding manufacturing boss, equals to product full of flaws.. haha
35. KickRocks (Posts: 108; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Your typing your password on the new irevolutionary ikeyboard wrong. Hahahahaha. Iphone 5=TRASH!!
37. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3011; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Hold on, hold your head still and think...
1st, it's the easily scratched back.
2nd, it's the map issue.
3rd, it's the light leakage.
4th, it's the static lines...
I'm wondering what the 5th would be...since it's the iPhone 5, 5th problem would be the convenient end.
I'm thinking something like, the screen size is shrinking for the 5th. :D
Any good guesses?
42. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Just wait... They will probably start catching fire...lol
62. lyndon420 (Posts: 1736; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
5th, letterboxing for the apps that aren't designed to run on the 4" screen.
47. EclipseGSX (limited) (Posts: 1587; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I love how all the iFan trolls are non-existent in the comments now. Just now realizing the fruit you love so much is giant parasite sucking on the lifeblood of the consumer eh?
48. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Static lines wtf! Just another feature Android and Wp8 doesn't have d@#*! :( lol
49. tedkord (Posts: 4736; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Hey, girlie hands Geller said this is the greatest phone ever, in the universe and all parallel universes, and will only be supplanted by the iPhone 5s (which he's just finishing his review of).
51. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
Apple ran out of Unicorns to slaughter and had to settle with Donkeys.
53. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Can apple sue you if you complain about their products?
56. downphoenix (Posts: 2317; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
When they can, you can bet they'll patent it!
69. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
They already own your downloads from itunes.
Ask John McClane what he thinks of Big Fruity. Yippie Ki YaY MudderFockers
60. cncrim (Posts: 501; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Scatch like that is not a biggy to me but if we are not complaint the quality start to drip....... and i can see people pay 650 for the phone and get someting like that. However, Apple has very very good reputation for being customer satifaction, she will replace the phone overnight.
70. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
With a refurb of a previously damaged iphoney 5.. Big Fruity NEVER EVER gives a "new" phone once one is damaged under warranty. Makes one question HOW in the F do they already have iphoney 5 refurbs and it was launched just within the last week?
Big Fruity has a problem @ FoxConn and better look into it!
66. Techboi (Posts: 84; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Apple did a poor job inspecting the iphone5
68. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
One word Big Fruity: SWYPE!!
Big Fruity under Capt. Cook will sink faster than an old man doing a Polar Bear swim in Buffalo in January.
71. romeoc1984 (Posts: 22; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I find it kind of sad that its its A LOT of customers with products (Smartphones) from MANY manufacturers with ONE operating system (Android) bashing and bullying a product with ONE manufacturer (Smartphone) and ONE operating system (IOS). It seems like Apple is just being defensive nowadays with a bunch of bullies constantly insulting. Give it a break.
72. EclipseGSX (limited) (Posts: 1587; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Why? Because they are greedy ass money-grubbers that don't want to share iOS with anyone but themselves? Oh boo hoo Apple is being "bullied". You think anyone important from Apple actually reads these comments? How 'bout NO
77. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
actually the do read comments. The have a whole web intel division that do nothing other than search the sites and blogs ALL DAY LONG!!! Big Fruity is sensitive dont ya know! They are like school girls whispering in the doorways before class.
74. tedkord (Posts: 4736; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I find it kind of sad that ONE smartphone manufacturer (Apple) with only a few devices on ONE operating system (iOS) is bullying the rest of the industry with nebulous, silly and often stolen patents in order to eliminate competition and stifle innovation.
Maybe it's just me, but that seems a little more worthy of my ire then a bunch of faceless people on a small forum griping about it.
76. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
What a piece of crap. You isheep deserve every ounce of quality POS phone you got!!!
To add insult to injury you isheep are buying the excuses apple is spooning out to you. "light leakage due to glue not cured" see article response from apple on CNET. The chips and scratches are part of the manufacturing process?I love this comment from apple - "Aluminum is a soft metal and will scratch easily" WTF? I wish I had these quality standards at my job... Why use it period. I can't wait to see what will be unveiled next week. The other bummer is anyone who is grandfathered in as unlimited data with Big Red will now lose unlimited data unless you buy the phone outright... You suck BIG RED. You double suck APPLE!!!
79. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Coming from a guy on a motorcycle. Can you even afford a cell phone?
80. tedkord (Posts: 4736; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yes, because motorcycles are really cheap. Fantastic logic.
89. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
sorry that these folks are experiencing this problem... i know 10 people that have the iphone 5 and aren't experiencing any of these problems...
not saying it's suspect but this isn't happening to everyone...
91. bkb01 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
theres bound to be a lemon/lemons in a batch. I guess people have a hard time understanding this problems with the iphone because they only release a phone once a year in which that time they could have at least inspected and quality controlled the product better before it was sold.
92. kach22 (Posts: 109; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
It took a year to accomplish such a "magical" device. Come to think of it. Faulty back plate, leaking light, wi fi problems, display problems, rattling sound inside and what more to come. Strange it took such a long time for them to make just one device and they have brought almost an identical copy of the previous model sacrificing so called "premium feeling" with a more problematic aluminium backplate which peels away. What were they doing all these times. All other manufacturers bringing out more than one devices a year and most of them are technologically advanced than this iPhone.
In my eyes, Apple couldn't nailed it but failed miserably this time.
Their only hope is their loyal and somewhat blind fans who will still buy their devices against their better judgement.
94. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Wow that's crazy because I thought I was the only one who experienced this with my iPhone 5.
98. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Apple fans- This youtuber must have tampered the screen!
Android and WP8/7 fans: Another ''quality'' product brought to you by apple.