Video shows latest complaint from Apple iPhone 5 users: static lines on QWERTY
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2012, 09:53 posted on
A video shows the latest complaint from Apple iPhone 5 users: static lines that run through the virtual QWERTY keyboard on the phone; for now, the problem only occurs when someone is typing in their password at the App Store or iTunes...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
44. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
I wonder if iPhone 5 owners are actually getting a half-baked and poorly made, highly non-innovative product or is it the magic iP5 came with.
58. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
come on. can android fanboys(like myself) think of better ways to bash apple
the Your XXX it wrong joke has got so old(for over use on 50% of all articles on this site)
59. Apple. (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Bash and trash Apple as much as you like Android fans, End of the day Apple is and will lead.
65. tedkord (Posts: 4467; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Except in market share, total smartphones sold, and features. But certainly in QC related issues.
67. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
dude apple fan, android fan or whatever... stop hiding in the closet! you and anyone knows the iphone 5 isnt horrible! iOS6 is cool but the iphone 5 is horrible. and before you me an android fanboy, im not, imma iphone 4s fanboy! IPHONE 4S FANBOY FTW
93. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Both ios6 and ip5 is horrible!!
Apple is only good at winning Lawsuits and...isHeEps!!
95. jscipher (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
learn how to arrange your grammar before you start discriminating stuff.
97. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
s**t off...Who Cares?? It was a mistake
61. messiah (Posts: 433; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
"This patented technology is a battery saver; utilizing 20% Less energy.." - Says Apple.
"B.S." says me.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5586; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wonder if Apple will do an exchange for a replacement unit for the static lines issue? They did replacements for defective iPad displays (theater lighting is one example). Of course, that was clearly hardware based.
23. PAPINYC (Posts: 2231; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iDoubt it, Apple will argue that these lines are both iParAllel and iPerpendiculAr and, therefore, a necessary component to their new diSplAy mAtriX. They will also assert that "you are looking at it wrong."
96. jscipher (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
thats never in anyway funny or creative,c'mon is that the best you can do.
38. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
You are using it wrong. No exchange for ya!
46. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5586; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Might be an issue with the display.... There seem to be problems with production yields of the thinner, new-fangled displays. This may be an example of a hardware failure. At least the display can be swapped out relatively easily.
50. tedkord (Posts: 4467; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Issue? What issue? There is no issue.
Oh, you're probably thinking of the new encrypted keyboard feature. Apple cares about your security, and with this new feature, you will feel safe typing your password, secure in the knowledge that anyone glancing over your shoulder won't be able to glean your password because they can't read the keyboard.
Encrypted keyboard, patent pending (and savagely defended).
87. LionStone (Posts: 445; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Actually when the keyboard does that, at that moment, they are being hacked, someone is taking a screenshot of their password, dang...sketchy huh?
3. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
...and more iPhone 5 issues to come...
22. Seymur (unregistered)
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
YAY I LOVE IT :D
18. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
"Any aluminum product may scratch or chip with use, exposing its natural silver color. That is normal."-SVP of Marketing of Apple.
A totally different issue for the iPhone 5.
Any problems? Deal with it.
20. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
and that makes ip5 naturally magical lol.
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3842; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol I know the i$heep will say "I are cooler than you because my iPhone 5 has static lines & your phone doesn't. Cheap Android phones!"
YES real high quality is that new iPhone 5! lol
32. PAPINYC (Posts: 2231; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
The sad part is: such big lines for such a small display.
33. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
lol. now i am waiting for their svp of marketing to come up with something like, "its only natural for a magical screen to show static lines."
45. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3842; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
THAT IS IT! I am tired that the iPhone 5 is so much better than my Galaxy Nexus. So to get those AWESOME static lines on my phone, I am going to slam my phone to the ground.
Now the iPhone 5 will never be better than my GNex!
54. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
it was never better than nexus.
btw i am lovin AOKP jb 4.1.1 on my GNEXUS
57. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3842; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah I run with Eclipse Build 15. Build 16 is right around the corner.
Very smooth, fast & has all the customization options I want. I know it doesn't have what AOKP has but I just love the smoothness & battery life I get when I run Franco's Kernel @ 1.8GHz with 512GPU.
Smooth like the butter on that comes with my Alaskan King Crab Legs.
73. bkb01 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
i agree if its just a painted aluminum , but claiming its anodized means the color is totally incorporated in the metal. which makes it hard to scratch, hell even my old n8 which i dropped a couple of times survived without any scratches.
78. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I scratched my n8, trying to test its aluminum unibody. It did leave a white mark that I can't remove. By the way, I used a cutter for doing so. And f**k*ng regret every second of doing so. :3
If being dropped, it's not a problem. But scratching it will be a problem.
82. bkb01 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
that is one tough cutter. the way people describe the aluminum of the iphone though it seems like just putting it in your pants with keys would scratch the aluminum back, which never happened to my n8. Never did try to use cutter to scratch it though. forgot to mention it got a dent when it fell but suprisingly no chip offs or scratches since the color of the dent was the same. Which made me appreciate anodized versus just coated.
90. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
What I love about my n8 was it's plastic top and bottom. :D It fell from the second deck of my double deck bed, and I didn't notice that there was a dent on the plastic top. It's amazing because the color of the plastic top and bottom was like made from core to crust. :D
85. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
haha, my Desire S is aluminium, but I only chipped it after a 6 feet drop.. not out of the box.. and that's from a company that is not doing so well these days.. so what about the magical fruit?
so magical it leaves you blinded..
5. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I thought I was in the opening scene of back to the future watching that video.
6. jibraihimi (Posts: 667; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Ouch.......... Problems doesn't seems to stop for iPhone 5, users are digging in for one problem after other in iPhone 5................ Sh*t like this do happen, when you don't do proper quality checks............ Apple time to cut back on your huge proit margin, and bring back manufacturing of ios device to USA from mainland china..........
86. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
what does bringing back manufacturing line back to USA if apple will still come up with half-baked products? Even if you get the best in the states, if apple is still playing catching up like this and rushing their products, these problems will still surface.. and many of the iPhone 5 problems are software related problems, and there is no way those foxconn workers have anything to do with that.. of course, the chipping may and most probably their faults (or maybe the QC team).. but all these static lines and map fiasco, it's all apple..
the only thing apple should do is to start innovating again and stop litigating..
7. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
apple customer say my iphone never has problems .....50 million iphone none get exched yea ok theyre replacements like every other company and the new ios6 sw sux ....the maps is one of them ....apple busy exching ip5 lmao #ISHEEP
43. SleepingOz (unregistered)
'coz these are not considered as "problems" by Apple actually!
They're part of the new feature called iSsues developed by the iSue department/Apple Inc, Cupertino, CA.
9. tkvdog (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
jibraihimi Absolutely Nails It Period Nuff Said.
10. adelta90 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I'm curious 'cause i dont generally follow releases of new apple products, but have all the previous iPhones had so many issues?
15. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
actually no. Apple products never have problems. obiousily users are typing wrong.
83. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7669; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Not sure if trolling or being serious....
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
To those reader who had an iPhone 5 and you feel that it is trashy fragile or dated...
Can you please donate to me? :)
88. LionStone (Posts: 445; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Sorry PapaSmurf, I meant to +1 you, and Wendy, for straight up laying it out there and asking someone to give her their i5, nice.
12. structureman116 (Posts: 135; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
When you buy a second rate, outdated, inferior product, you should expect a user experience and results of the same caliber!
13. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Im back..... Just got the new jelly bean update for the nexus....wow bout a year later still the best phone out..... Im a Graphic designer..... The 5mp camera is not bad... nexus receives updates other androids phone will stop receiving after a while.....if you like apple get the 5...if you like android get a nexus..... And my adobe flash still works....I must say apple has fell behind nothing new and exciting bout the 5 they could have did better then this...
16. Nookie4u (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
They say we'll be blown away by iPhone 5 but so far the only thing that's blown me away is the number of problems and complaints that iPhone 5 brought along.
19. shamatuu (Posts: 117; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
boy for a company like apple to have many problems on their flagship phone is not surprising to me. Again simple solution is return or better solution don't buy one at all. I bet there will be even more problems coming It will give you a headache if not already. YOU never see these kind of problems with any Android or Windows phones ever.
24. Gary123 (Posts: 7; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Problems started to come when Steve Job left....
25. Aeires (unregistered)
Agreed. Steve was a tyrant for quality, Tim is just a bean counter. From other articles I've read, there's a big disagreement between the hardware teams and the software teams on what the direction of the company should be. That would never happen under Steve's direction.
And of course, when your designer is knighted, you get more emphasis on hardware than software. Even die hard Apple fans were let down with iOS 6. The iPhone5 does look good though.
41. frustyak (Posts: 147; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Wasn't he still at the helm when the antenna fiasco occurred?
55. downphoenix (Posts: 2287; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
yea but its arguable that with the cancer treatments and such he was undergoing, he was pretty physically depleted, so Im sure his mind wasn't focused on it.
26. bubbadoes (Posts: 324; Member since: 03 May 2012)
What a nice launch... The iphone 5 looks much cheaper than 4/4S model...Feels cheaper also with the aluminum back. I don't know which is worse... The glass breaking on the back of previous models, or walking around with a dent in the aluminum back of the iphone 5. The longer 4 inch model looks antiquated...The length of the phone should have been matched by width also...IOS6 still has that bored blue background in the mail app, and so on...MAPS--go figure...I'm lost...Do not disturb--built in feature in Android...no nfc, no sd...Missing major components in 2012 to even compete with Android....Still wondering how they will continue to come out with 6, 7, 8 and so one.
27. ilia1986 (unregistered)
So.. The iPhone 5 should definitely add these to it's feature list:
- An easily scratched back
- Display light leaking out of the body
- Yellow spots on display upon touching it
- Display flickering
And now - static lines on the keyboard.
iPhone 5. The worst iPhone. Since iPhone. LOL.