Video shows how to use the Samsung GALAXY Note II as a PC
0. phoneArena 23 Nov 2012, 22:23 posted on
A video posted on YouTube shows the Samsung GALAXY Note II being used as a PC with a Samsung made adapter connecting the phablet to the display along with an HDMI cable; could this be a satisfying computer experience?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. Aeires (unregistered)
Definitive proof the lag comments were total BS from Android haters, 4 flash videos at the same time with total smoothness is incredibly impressive. This also explains why 2 gigs of RAM isn't just a luxury, it does have its place when you push the technology. And Samsung is working on a 8 core processor right now, wow.
Normally I'd skip videos of this length but it was enjoyable watching this one to see what is possible. While I'm blown away, I'm not sure I would be ready to make that jump just yet, but in a couple more years, I can see this being much closer to reality. I still see a dual boot Android/Ubuntu as being another option and hope they keep working on that. And of course, hopefully Asus will continue with the Padfone and the computer monitor to make this a third option.
Android, Google has pushed it to incredible levels and hasn't slowed down, just keeps pushing.
16. scifan (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Take native apps, and combine with Citrix for heavy lifting, I could easily see this as a thin client/desktop replacement... (a Citrix client is already available under Android)
64. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I just learned what citrix is..and you nailed it.
19. supersammyfans (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Yeah, way to go Sammy, keep going :D other than sammy is bulls**t!!!!!
21. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Wow amazing video, smartphones are one step closer replacing the PC.
44. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Correction: Linux In General
- Ubuntu, Bodhi, Debian etc...
23. mas11 (Posts: 1028; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yeah how did this thing not get a 10? It blows the competition out of the water. I mean seriously how can you give it the same score as an iPhone when the Note II can do so much more?
55. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
fanboy hush, no company is the best either, love the thumbs up shows the fanboys on here hoard together
29. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Suck this, idiotic Android haters!!
If you like a stripped down, phone crafted software(WP and iOS) instead of the COMPLETE OS, knock your selves out!
40. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Wow dude, i dont know who the hater here is, i love my lumia and no android can replace it, but i also love my android tablet which can do all of the above and even better. is it possible for you people to enjoy multiple ecosystems at once???
50. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
No see if you use anything else other then android your seen as a hater especially if you prefer another os
There quick to mouth off about other OS's and hold android up as great but anyone else does the same for there preferred OS and the android swarm slates them
Funnier still this is seen as concrete proof there OS is great yet if this was on wp8 or iOS or even bb10 when released they would shout gimmick or fake etc
But mate if you enjoy like me using differant OS's and not been closed minded just keep doing it you won't get through to any on here they think its a fight there part of
53. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Are you an Android hater?
So why are you replying?
I was speaking to ignorant trolls who spit on "laggy, buggy, insecure, fragmented POS"
56. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
differance is do you do the same when the android trolls and fanboys say obnoxious crap about other os's?
its ok to defend but its always one way on here
30. nlbates66 (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
*sees video preview shows an apple mouse plugged into the Samsung Galaxy Note
*doesn't watch video
32. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
sorry but this is ridicoulous.........why not just keep your laptop?? o and that thing is not a smartphone........still a mini tablet with a phone system built in
34. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The point is in what the OS and hardware are capable of doing.
One will be able to do this on the S3 also, and pretty much on every high end Android phone, in the future
66. Aeires (unregistered)
Would you have the same response if it was a Sony phone doing this?
90. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
sony wouldnt be doing this thats the point......and could please stop thinking im all for sony man
91. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
And you call your self an Xperia knight.
You know Jack sh!t about Sony, pal.. time for a lesson!
93. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3934; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Dude, really, don't count the Note out just for its size. Just got my hands on it today, it actually felt comfortable. I'm not sure if I have really big hands, but it was actually pretty conveniently sized for me. The build quality was questionable, but it really isn't bad at all. There was a slight creaking noise though. I wouldn't mind having it as my regular device just on a size front, it actually felt nice.
33. amozhi (Posts: 96; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
My next pc...oops my next phone would be galaxy note III
35. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You know what's the coolest part ?
Things that you CAN'T do on your pc, compared to this device :)
39. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Amazing what phones can do now, but it looks a lot better done with my tablet, the tablet adroid layout does a much better job than a phone layout...
41. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
I`m a big fan of ColdFustion (the one who made this video) and have been watching his clips for quite some time. You should check out his channel on Youtube...he also uses the Note 1 as a PC as well...really cool stuff.
43. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
note ii all the way, I pity small handed friends as things seem to be getting bigger and bigger in terms of screen size.
45. DirkStorck (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Hi. That's a great video !
May I ask what laucher you have used in that video?
Is it right that they keyboard and mouse are bluetooth ?
49. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Great feature ,,.....
but still you cannot replace your pc with this phablet....
...This is ok for watching videos on your screen..or for social work...but this can't compete with PC.... Neither with features or With performance....
A windows phone powered device may be in Future...
61. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Android might not be the most optimized OS but it is the most advance OS there is period.
73. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
wtf why do you have to mention apple for what reason?
ohh yeah so you get cheered by the fanboys, your obsessed get a life
84. bigmike32172 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Aw man! C'mon guys. But what about Iphone?
I mean it was the best 4 or 5 years ago.
Next you guys are going to tell me to upgrade from my Commodore64 computer I just got back in the mid 80's.
You guys just wait & see the leather bag phone will be back out with Apple's name on it & conquer all!