Video shows how the Sony Xperia Z gets assembled in under 5 minutes
It is a fascinating look at how these devices are assembled, especially the Sony Xperia Z which is the Japanese manufacturer's new flagship Android phone. Introduced at CES earlier this month, the handset has already captured quite a buzz with its 5 inch FHD display, sleek looks, and waterproofing. During CES, Sony rigged up a dunking tank that continually showed off the phone's ability to keep working, even after getting wet.
source: Sony via GSMArena
3. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
wrong, every phone manufacture has its strong points and weak points
no company or device is perfect
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
nope they didnt as nothing is perfect
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5422; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that at the moment Sony Xperia Z and ZL are two best Android smartphones.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5422; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sad that we couldn't see how display is integrated, if Sony Xperia Z display is glued to the frame like Samsung Galaxy Note 2 display, then it will be pretty hard to replace it.
8. zig8100 (Posts: 115; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
A lot of them glue it now. Its one of the ways they make it thinner.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5422; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Anyway we still don't know if it is glued, I was just making an assumption.
11. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 715; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Well, it is necessary for them to be glued if you want a "zero gap" display, which has its advantages. Like better sunlight visibility by making the gap between the screen and glass smaller, and a printed on glass effect!
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5422; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You don't understand what I want to say. You are talking about display's construction while I'm talking about how display is integrated in to the phones frame.
In other words you are talking about display's layers while I'm talking about how display is integrated into phone's frame.;)
10. android78 (unregistered)
Great video, now how about showing us how fast you can get those sony xperia Z & ZL out to carriers and retailers across the world for consumers to purchase sony?