Video shows daylight comparison of Nokia Lumia 920 versus the Samsung Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2012, 02:24 posted on
We see how the Lumia with its ClearBlack display stacks up against the Samsung's AMOLED display in bright environments...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
if only they got the price right. but still it will be a good seller.
29. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
You are right on this one! in the scale 0 to 5. For iOS is 3 that's my vote.
30. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Nokia and MS are limiting of apps availability. This 21st century for mobile market Andoide rules then MS phone then iOS will. iOS will be tapper off like RIM.
6. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Whaaat? It costs less than an iPhone... And offers WAY more.
19. chinochinochino (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
I would call that very subjective... I'm not fighting for the iPhone here since I am just about to switch to Android but as everybody should have heard by now - Hardware isn't everything.
A phone that has to prove itselfe in an already crowded market should be priced very carefully. They shouldn't have to sell at a cost but if I could have a great phone with an already developed and proven ecosystem for less or something close pricewise, than why should I take the risk and spend so much on something that "new"... But that's just my thought - I would love to see the Lumia succeed and prove itselfe as a true competitor!
20. chinochinochino (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
...maybe I should add that I am always compairing un-subsedized SRPs since I am from europe. So everything might look alot more compelling after a couple of months.
9. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 371; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Lumia 920 is definitely an attractive phone, inside and out
24. erick01 (Posts: 20; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
complaining about the 920's price??!!! Come on!!! $600 for an unlocked phone like this??? What do you expect, Nokia to just give them away??? This is a great phone with a FUNCTIONAL OS. Not everything is Android and Android is NOT PERFECT.
3. Borh77 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
The angle of vision of the camera is not the same for the Lumia 920 and the Galaxy SIII in this video. It's a bias.
8. Topcat488 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I wonder what the screens would of looked like, if the video cameraman had filmed from over the Right Shoulder of the guy holding the handsets. Looks like another attempt by Nokia to fool people. Atleast the SGIII is out, not just announced since forever, like NOkia. ;)
11. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 354; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
It's Microsoft who's late, not Nokia.
So stop blaming Nokia, as soon as all features of wp8 are announced, Nokia will start selling their products.
28. Topcat488 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
If NOkia was so great, they wouldn't need Windows sp8 to send them into never-ever land... If NOkia had gone with Samsung/Android, they would have sold close to 10 million smartphones by now... NOkia = FAIL
4. lubba (Posts: 1311; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Is it still exclusive to ATT? If it is, I really don't give a s**t!
14. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
according to the previous news and i think leaks it will be exclusive to AT&T for 6 months only!
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i really dont know why... they speak english but the youtube title isnt english..
anyways... nokia technology are really the best... no doubt about that!
10. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 354; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Yes, Nokia is best. But they should expand their products with other os like Android, Meego and Symbian (yes i still like Symbian)
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
what do you mean "expand their products" their clearblack, pureview and puremotion... hell no... it should stay with nokia coz it will be their bread and butter! like retina of apple and correct me if im wrong sAMOLED is still use by samsung only...they only give AMOLED...HTC has Super LCD2/LCD3...
i like meego and symbian too!!!
7. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 354; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
But they are always late, but when they do nobody dares to compete with them #pureview
27. chinochinochino (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
In sales definitely! At least if you compare on a device-basis rather than OS-basis. But who cares... If i can have three (or hoping for BBX maybe 4?) compelling OSes to chose from why not. I have been using the iphone, iphone 3g and iphone 4 and gone through iOS (and former iPhoneOS) from 1.4 to 6.0 and for me it's getting slower and slower - so leave for Android. But except for the new color choices the Lumia hardware is the most compelling to me right now.
15. ddeath (Posts: 163; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Nokia was great, but they really should expand their product offerings on different platforms. Putting all eggs in one basket is really risky and they can't afford another bomb! A Nokia running Jelly Bean Android, with the right marketing, could be big!
21. oo7Bond (Posts: 9; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
if nokia has went with android..sammy, htc, etc etc wud ve been all dead by now :P.
16. Iphone4 (unregistered)
i will wait till WP9 come out
18. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I'm not surprised at all. This is Nokia after all.
22. Cyberchum (Posts: 281; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Nokia is an epitome of an innovator unlike a certain fruit company and hey! whoever had used symbian will still like it to stick around. If it have an ecosystem half as that of cr@pple, it would still be okay with belle but Nokia did a great job at killing it.
23. twens (Posts: 699; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
People still dnt get it.s3 is not the best phone in the world but its the best all round phone in the world.
26. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I wouldn't say "the best", but I'd agree it's one of the best right now
25. erick01 (Posts: 20; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
To see people complaining about the 920's price is laughable!! At $600 for this kind of phone with its quality and features,what do people expect? Or do they want to get it for free? We all should see beyond Android and iOS...there is Life beyond those two. WP may not be perfect,just like the other two. And as for Nokia: still benchmark in design,materials and build quality within the industry.