Video shows Windows Phone 7.8 on Nokia Lumia 510
0. phoneArena 24 Nov 2012, 23:25 posted on
A video taken in China shows Windows Phone 7.8 working on a Nokia Lumia 510 and reveals the new Start screen, Bing lock screen wallpaper, new accent colors and more; the Nokia Lumia 510 is a low-end handset with just 256MB of RAM...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. waqas77 (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
I don't know but it's obvious that people will choose the low end Android over it. They need to come up with something really different thing, differnet idea and much more differnet technology in order to get back it's name and position. It's sure it will take a lot of time.
2. XYZ360 (Posts: 47; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
android with WVGA and 256mb ram will lag terribly even with jb
8. Zahidasad (Posts: 6; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
agreed.. WP is too smooth and no backgroung applictaion problems. android is left behind from microsoft's class.
5. KangLee (Posts: 9; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Sounds like you never used any low end Android handset. They are not that cheap and still lag horribly.
3. anshul0000 (unregistered)
shrink the screen to 3.5 and double the ram.....
4. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
What I was thinking. They can really do some cutting here and there and make a better budget device.
How much will including 512 MB RAM cost them? Not much. And the smaller 3.7" display was good enough.
6. hitman1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
huh I used android mid range like htc wildfire s 512ram
believe me it lags too much and so slow . still I not use windows phone 7.x but it look better than android low end mid end
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol spec reasonable but not wp8? No thanks :)
9. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 416; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I haven't tried Windows Phone 8, however WP7 has been far more reliable and bug-free than any other Android product that I've had. Windows may not have the apps but a crash-free gadget does have its advantages.
10. Credo (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I want that update on my Lumia 900, i don't care about this low end phone
11. Edmund (Posts: 603; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Funny how tech sites never mention the fact that 75% of android users cannot install updated google services such as google NOW, Chrome web browser, google calendar, and YouTube for Google TV.