Video shows Nokia Lumia 630 running Windows Phone 8.1
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2014, 13:58 posted on
The unannounced Nokia Lumia 630 is expected to be unveiled April 2nd at the BUILD conference. A video of the device in action has been found along with a number of still pictures. Between all off the images, you can get a look at some of the things that you will find on Windows Phone 8.1 such as the new camera U.I., the Action Center and on-screen navigation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
Can't wait to get 8.1 on my L1520. So glad we live in a world that has free thinkers and come up with something other than icons in a grid
2. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
cant wait to get it on my 1020
there should be an option to install themes and widgets like on android, i dont like tiles....
3. papss (unregistered)
It wouldn't really be unique without tiles though.. Without tiles its just like everyone else. I think more options need to be available but tiles are what sets WP apart from the others.
6. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
true it makes them diffrent, but giving options to use install themes and other add ons and googles apps would be great,... on android you can install every feautre of wp8 on android, the paid version is the best, which costs 6Euros
looking forward what wp8.1 will bring, but im eagrly awaiting for wp8.5 or wp9
i like wp but so many so much feautres are missing, that makes me more like hating, disliking it,,, come on you lazy buggers ms
10. akki20892 (Posts: 3304; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Forget widget when u r using wp. Its a unique experience and in wp8.1 you can setup tiles updates 1 minute.
I love tiles its giving us info without go in apps and I love whether tiles.
20. znellu (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
That's why you've Android. If those come to WP, then what is the USP for WP?!
23. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1050; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I agree that is why I bought a windows 8 smart phone plus the Windows 8 "NT" OS core is strong so MS programmers and Developers can write good Apps for it. the windows tiles shape has to be changed though to make the tiles look better like round of the 90 degree corners or make the 4 sides of the tiles curve outward a little
4. lagdroid (banned) (Posts: 15; Member since: 28 Mar 2014)
Love to see always visible status icons
5. Penny (Posts: 1128; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Another new video shows that the home screen will have parallax scrolling background behind transparent tiles!
7. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Windows 8.1 FTW!!!!! I'm loving the background picture tiles!!! If could change picture every 5 minutes, that'll be awesome .. Just like on 8.1 on PC
14. livyatan (Posts: 679; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Erm..even Windows XP can do that.
18. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
You guys are lost... I'm talking about the handset the OS........ jeeez
16. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Ummmm I was talking about the PHONE,...... -.-
9. adwienc (Posts: 134; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
I'm waiting for this update, if it really will stand up to hype I will buy L925/1020 or 930/1030 (my dream phone) :P
11. Osman (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Here is another video of lumia 630http://youtu.be/g0cYTXpIV4A
12. karim77 (Posts: 64; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Please someone explain me how the lumia 630 os shown on the video with two column row and on the picture with three columns?!!!!!!!!!!!
24. Credo (Posts: 692; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
There is a new setting for that, you can choose now if u like more tiles or less. Not sure trough if smaller screens beneath 4.5" will support it :)
13. AnupBunny (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
He is using an iPhone to capture that phone
17. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I can tell that, look how the video shakes... Lol
19. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What does your username mean?
26. dorian827 (Posts: 125; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
The Nokia Lumia 1520 or 1320 will be amazing with Windows Phone 8.1. Cant wait to pick up either. It'll be a huge upgrade from my Lumia 520.