Video shows BlackBerry 10 L-series in action
0. phoneArena 12 Dec 2012, 13:21 posted on
We just saw leaked photos of the next generation BlackBerry 10 L-series handset, but still pics can really only tell you so much about what a device will be like. Moving pictures are a far better indication, and with that in mind, a video has leaked showing RIM's next handset in action. Of course, the leaked video is from Vietnam, so most of you probably won't be able to understand what's being said, but that's not really all that important...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I was going to say the same thing. Looks like it would take some getting use to. It is very responsive though.
7. slaggyb (Posts: 207; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
You must be dreaming if you say this looks like andriod ICS
12. Pings (Posts: 303; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
You must not be able to read.... What does "pre ICS" mean? And!, I said "UI". MIUI is ICS+ and doesn't look like it because it's an UI...
10. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Those bezels are not making any sense to me :( They should really think on design one more time as they still have time :(
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The hardware design is baked in at this point. The cost to change would be prohibitive. As a former BB user, the UI just doesn't grab me. Maybe I am too far down the Android path, but that could be said about a lot of former BB users. Converting the recent departures will be key to RIM staying relevant in the market.
8. slaggyb (Posts: 207; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
No matter what, nothing will impress you period.. You must be using a nokia 3310.
4. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I've thought it ever since the first images of the l-line leaked: the front looks like an evo lte!
5. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Yeah, this definitely would never make me jump ship from Android. If I previously went from RIM to iOS this might be enough to earn Blackberry another shot.
16. raphz (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Oct 2012)
i second your opinion :)
it actually looks like meego
13. snowgator (Posts: 3556; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I was hoping for more then just a grid icon layout and one screen of recently used tools. First video I have seen that actually soured me a little on BB 10. January is coming, will be glad to see it in action, but this needs to offer something unique to compete, in my humble unimportant opinion. I am not seeing it on this walkthrough.
14. DerryAhmad (Posts: 273; Member since: 05 May 2012)
The Device looks great! Very sleek and I'm glad it came with SD Card slot and removable back door. The OS looks interesting, especially with all the gestures. Looks like a refined Playbook's OS and have some Meego in it.
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOVE IT OR HATE IT
BUT BLACKBERRY 10 IS AN AWESOME PLATFORM FOR ALL PEOPLE!!!
22. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
You're clearly a fanboy... Admit it
How do you know that bb is an awesome platform for everyone?
23. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
gaming, business, teens and a lot more!! duh!!!!
24. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Teens are not going to buy bb devices anymore (except in my country)
The vast majority of teens in developed countries use eigher iphone or android
There's no way they can switch to bb anymore
In addition, the games that are available in bb10 is not as good as Google play or app store
29. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol...teens will still love BB10!!!
you're really stupid coz you keep on hating!!!
25. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
you said to me that gs3 feels cheap as it's made of a cheap plastic
now it's payback time!
this bb 10 has a cheap plastic backcover !!!
30. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
oh... lumia is plastic..but dont feel plastic!
while S3, a plastic but still feel plastic!!!
and these BB10 is plastic,but have you seen bold 9900? its not high end spec like what on android but that phone looks really better!!! very classy that what s3 looks!
17. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Not cool enough to make people use bb again
18. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Im pretty excited for it.
If anyone on sprint gets one and they dont care for it, I will trade you my S3 for your BB10.
20. xtroid2k (Posts: 515; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
This is a very good platform. I enjoyed seeing the different features. However this platform is only good cause the other ones are. Yes there are features that the other ones don't have but they definitly are no show stoppers. So I say this. I wish them luck but I don't see the customers flocking to the platform in the numbers needed to survive.
21. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I have to say its a pretty device BB.
26. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Can't wait till RIM release them...they are super responsive OS and a great true multi-task as well :)
27. cdgoin (Posts: 504; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
I would consider BB over WP IF they make a QWERTY version.. if not they are going to die a quick and painful death. MANY BB users have waited to upgrade to the new BB10, so they can get a QWERTY keyboard. Without one its just another Apple clone.
28. mattrajeh (Posts: 11; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
i think bb10 will be good, give it a chance, Blackberry is no longer popular in the US but it is still popular in other parts of the world, in Lebanon, over 50% of users have blackberry with the very interesting offers available, and BBM is so popular to a point that even my university(and others) have it's offiacial BBM to stay in contact with it's students(most have blackberrys), so if RIM they really come up with something good i think they can rise again