Video preview of the Nokia N8 PR2 firmware shows it is getting there
It seems that things haven't moved much along from what we saw a few months ago, but now at least the split-screen QWERTY is shown, along with some of the new browser. This version is probably in testing mode already, so it should hit your Nokia N8 in the next few weeks/months. Not that there aren't custom firmware concoctions out there.
At least we know that Nokia is determined to make good on its promise to keep updating Symbian incrementally, including with the new user interface, hints of which we saw recently.
source: MyNokiaBlog via DailyMobile
1. OsirisRa (Posts: 46; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
If this update is released before the E7, I'll purchase one. Depending on how much the price is of course.
2. rafael.roque (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jul 2010)
I love my N8 in it's current state, but improvements are always welcomed =)
Long Live Symbian OS!
10. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
what is the appeal of symbian? I just dont see it!
3. ps (unregistered)
Osiris: E7 has been in stores 2 weeks already, in Finland tho.
4. NotAFan (unregistered)
Im not a Nokia fan but N8 design is so beautiful. Colors are so strong, i mean orange phone whats not to like?
5. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
N8 is a hot phone but it just needs a bigger screen at least 3.7" to support its awesome pictures and...,dont get mad, android :) symbian is ok, its simple, but i want android to take control of thee whole phone >:D
6. ronald1983 (unregistered)
? NOKIA " where is continues auto focus in video recording" ?
7. dan_md (Posts: 66; Member since: 19 Oct 2010)
Based on the video, here is possibe change log for this new update:
1. split screen input entry, addition of QWERTY in portrait
2. agenda view in month calendar mode
3. Redesined browser
4. improved transitions
8. ArchBB (unregistered)
Hey thats not fair! What about s60v5 users? we what this update either. Earning money for E7, or may change my plan.
9. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 820; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
And Nokia continues to piss me off with the way they design their UI's...