Video of gestures tutorial for BlackBerry OS 10 leaked
0. phoneArena 29 Sep 2012, 02:37 posted on
We have known that gestures will be a major navigation feature with BlackBerry 10. These video show the tutorials for primary gestures...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
26. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1218; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
BB has to be really different if it has to have any chance of holding its own in the smartphone game.
Desktop look taken by android
tile look taken by WP
Tray look taken by iOS
So how are they looking to differentiate themselves cuz their current approach cant take them too far!
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3395; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
10 is a number that should've gone way ahead of Android and iOS. I don't see that here...
4. marceldy (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
they will make a launcher like with android.
5. Smart (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
has android written all over it......splash in little bit of meego too.....
13. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
lol Android copied the ancient Windows Mobile in the first place
6. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
i find that very useful and easy.. though the icon looks too boxy and too big i guess? how i hope they'll change that
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4239; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I like BB10, it's interesting. This remind me of that "Sh*t Apple fans say" video. "Gestures... Gestures... Gestures..."
8. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Wow, BB10, I love it, those Gestures are unique.
16. poddey (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I'm quite impressed too I have to say. Certainly beats having to go in and out of different apps all the time and the CEO said as much in his recent BJam presentation.
10. NokiaLumia920 (Posts: 28; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
A good UI doesnt' require teaching, it have to be natural..
If you need to do that, your OS = failed.
17. poddey (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
There is a level of teaching required for even the iPhone, e.g. press the home button at the bottom to wake it up.
I'm sure you can get to the Blackberry Hum the normal way by swiping through your homescreens to the right to find the Hub app. These gestures are more like shortcuts, which by definition are not obvious. It's not until you perform the shortcut that it seems intuitive, e.g. holding the home button down on the iPhone is a shortcut for launching Siri.
11. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
I actually really like the UI and gesture control. It's a bit refreshing from the classic interface of the iOS and Android. Can't wait to see this phone !
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
The os is beautiful... Too bad lack of apps...
Iphone 5 here I come!!!
19. axllebeer (Posts: 270; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Lack of apps? It's not even ready to be released yet so where is the evidence that there "will be" and not "are" a lack of apps?
21. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Try commenting without the words Apple or iPhone in it.
23. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
seriously why mention the iphone when theres no need
and if you measure how good a phone can be by how many apps it has then you shouldnt be commenting.
and lastly no one cares you want the iphone 5, not even slightly
25. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1218; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Or wendy you could just go to android :)
27. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh wendy what a fanboy you are!
15. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
By the time BB10 comes out the rest of the world will be using iOS 25, Windows Phone 37, and Android Double Fudge Banana Split.
29. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
no... not really! i think it will have at least 10-15% market share!! there's still so many solid BB fans all over the world!
why, i never thought of seeing BlackBerry left and right everytime i go in my place coz before i always see galaxy y only as an android device but now blackberry with different models! from torch to curve to bold!
dont forget about open webOS, Firefox OS, Tizen and Jolla OS!
18. axllebeer (Posts: 270; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Things are looking good here. So long as they don't miss another deadline for the release for BB10 everything should be good to go. I'm really liking what I've been seeing so far and eagerly looking forward to playing with it.
22. bluexperia (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
quite interesting.... my opinion web os + meego+ bb layout= bb 10..
28. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
im really looking forward to own a BB10 device now!!! gosh im being redundant but im deeply inlove with this OS!!!