Video of Skype for Windows Phone 8 demoed on HTC 8X
0. phoneArena 18 Oct 2012, 16:55 posted on
Derrick Snyder, the mean leading the mobile marketing effort at Skype offered up a demonstration of how deeply integrated Skype is with Windows Phone 8...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Topcat488 (Posts: 786; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
With Skype running in the background a bigger battery should be added. And i really think M$, has taken Nokia for a ride (sorta like the mafia did back in the olden days), just to get a hold on that camera. I feel sorry for Nokia, but then again, HTCs phone does look nice.
2. xtroid2k (Posts: 285; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
I will be comparing the two when they both launch. I love music so I am leaning towards HTC with the beats audio solution.
3. nobelset (Posts: 244; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Beats audio doesn't really change anything, I've tested it and even the galaxy s3performs better than the HTC one X. I don't really know about the windows phone version though.
5. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
The WP version has a dedicated amp on each output. This should really make for a great musical experience. Its something not alot of phones have. I looking forward to this.
4. StreetNerd (Posts: 684; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Beats on androids is software only... the 8X has 2 amps build in
6. cdgoin (Posts: 335; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Get back to me when they make something thats not a simple rectangle.. somethign with a QWERTY keyboard maybe.
8. mrmooresince19xx (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
@cdgoin I'm waiting on a pentaband Nokia e7 style windows 8 phone with a nice QWERTY, autofocus, dual-core, and I'm good...
10. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 477; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
I remember my HTC Touch Pro 2 having kick azz sound (not even for its time, it still out performs MANY MODERN smartphones - based on sound alone).
HTC has differentiated their Windows Phone 8X from other "Beats" Android phones with software AND added amplifier.