Video gives you 30 minutes of reasons why you should buy a case for your smartphone
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Jan 2013, 17:57
Is your Samsung Galaxy S III naked, as in no protection, vulnerable to the weather, errant water balloon tosses or a passing airliner emptying the latrine?; what about the chance that you might damage your screen as even a Gorilla gets injured now and then, which would force you to go through the long procedure of changing the screen on your phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:03 4 0
Make sure the phone case covers both the sides and corners of the display. That's usually the spot your phone hits when you drop it. I don't care how grand the design is of your phone, a glass display is still a glass display.
2. Edmund posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:10 17 24
moral of the story? don't buy a galaxy s3, it's that simple.
6. Googlethis posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:48 6 0
Most smart phones are not built to withstand a beating even a minor one. this is not exclusive to the galaxy s3 or samsung devices. all of the major carriers with exception of ones that are trying to make military grade smart phones (Casio) or motorola trying to make a more buisness rugged phone. I suggest any smart or basic phones to have a decently rugged case usually otterbox or etc.
3. Droid_X_Doug posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:23 2 0
Otterbox Commuter series. I have lost track of how many times my Note II (and GS III before) have been saved by the Otterbox.
26. nbringer posted on 10 Jan 2013, 02:44 0 0
I also have the Otterbox commuter series. When I bought it I was not convinced I did the right thing. That changed one week later when my brand new S3 took a ~1.5 meter fall to the concrete floor (from my chest pocket while I was running) and rolled a couple of times landing on its screen (I also have a tempered glass screen protection). I checked everything and only found a couple of dirt spots on the case. Not a single scratch anywhere. So I also strongly recommend a case.
4. jpmcnown posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:30 2 0
I prefer the OtterBox Reflex case. Not bulky, but plenty of protection.
5. bvalde09 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:44 0 2
Iif This happen take it to a professinal not worthy the time and you are gonna end up worse
8. cripton805 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 18:58 0 2
If my phone breaks, oh well.
Ill just buy a used one.
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:08 0 1
Wat a wast. We all buy cases for our phone. Wat kind of idiot would make a video bout it? Sorry had to get it out.
11. Landmarkcm posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:24 0 1
Right haha. Just watched the first vid a little over the top lol.
10. Landmarkcm posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:09 0 1
I know I usually hate cases so am glad the feather series from incipio is around. Now I got it on my lumia 822 feel enough protected but not to much bulk! It's less bulky then even the skin one I had :)
14. quakan posted on 09 Jan 2013, 20:16 1 0
You feel your phone is protected with that thin snap on case? Just don't drop it, okay.
12. Omar-BHR95 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:25 6 3
the Lumia 920 screen is way stronger that the s3s screen
16. Landmarkcm posted on 09 Jan 2013, 21:40 0 0
LOL I do feel it's better protected on the sides & back most def then with nothing on it. Surprised actually it's pretty tough material without being to bulky. And it's snapped on tight. Good cases incipio makes, esp for those of us that want some protection without adding too much to the phone.
24. cripton805 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 01:41 0 0
I googled Nokia broken screen and it also breaks with simple drops
28. androidlikeaboss posted on 10 Jan 2013, 06:22 0 0
Lol even the S2s screen is way stronger than the S3s screen
13. Omar-BHR95 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 19:27 5 3
if the phone that was in the first video was a Lumia 920 he probably needs to keep hitting it like 5 times or 8 or maybe it might not break . :)
15. a_tumiwa posted on 09 Jan 2013, 20:31 3 1
it`s good news, please create a youtube video for us
23. Omar-BHR95 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 01:29 0 0
There is a video actually made by PhoneBuff and it survived 2 videos but broke at the third video and the s3 didn't even survive the first video ;P
25. a_tumiwa posted on 10 Jan 2013, 02:21 0 0
How about lumia 920 vs iphone 5? any video ?
27. Omar-BHR95 posted on 10 Jan 2013, 04:37 0 0
The iPhone didn't survive the second video
17. UrbanPhantom posted on 09 Jan 2013, 22:11 1 0
I have a Lumia 920, and so the only thing I have to watch out for is that I don't drop the phone and break the ground ;o)
18. JohnnyBravo posted on 09 Jan 2013, 22:50 0 0
The fist video is amazing!! Funny thing is the more people talk about screen breaking the more S3 videos I see. I am not a hater or anything it just feels like there are a lot of S3 screen cracking videos out there. Doesnt the S3 have Gorilla glass 2? Regardless glass is glass and it will break...At the moment Im risking it going raw dawg with my Nexus. No protection baby!
22. pokerc posted on 10 Jan 2013, 00:27 0 0
My Evo lte is naked too, cases are for careless kids....
19. 1ceTr0n posted on 09 Jan 2013, 23:25 0 0
Just got my Otterbox Commuter for my new Note 2. Very nice indeed and makes my phone feel very safe
20. Droid_X_Doug posted on 09 Jan 2013, 23:33 0 0
You will really appreciate your Commuter case the first time you drop your Note II. With the Commuter, I find it easier to hold the Note II. Drops occur when I try to carry the Note II plus something else. Before the Commuter, I was starting to pass on trying to hold the Note II plus anything else. Now, I don't worry 'cause the Commuter protects the Note II.
21. 1ceTr0n posted on 09 Jan 2013, 23:47 0 0
Yeah, the Note 2 is one slippery bastard to hold onto. I've got a samsung case + coming also so I can compare the two and decide which one I like better. Also got my Spigen olephobic screen protector from amazon for it today
29. Altair posted on 10 Jan 2013, 10:15 1 0
Yeah, You need heavy and ugly case for fragile phones Like sgs1-3 and iphones.
Buy Nokia Lumia 920 and You don't need anything. Just enjoy superior design, color and quality!
30. Googlethis posted on 10 Jan 2013, 10:41 0 0
just because a phone might be durable does not mean that you shouldn't consider a case to lessen the chance of breaking or scratching or both.
31. ziggiec posted on 10 Jan 2013, 11:45 0 0
I don't encase my phones. It hides the beauty of the phone.
32. akishakoi posted on 11 Jan 2013, 04:54 0 0
That is why I don't understand why phone manufacturers go after making phones thinner and thinner only to make you buy a case to protect them from breaking. It doesn't make sense. Yeah your iphone5 or GS3 is thin but it wouldn't be anymore after clothing it with a case. On top of that, cases defeat the the phone's design. My Lumia 920 may not be as thin as the other phones but I enjoy looking at it in its full beauty without worrying that it breaks when it falls. I don't envy thin phones. I envy quality materials.