Video gives you 30 minutes of reasons why you should buy a case for your smartphone
How important is it to protect your screen? Check out the second video below which shows all 30 minutes of the repair of the Samsung Galaxy S III with its 4.8 inch screen smashed by the events that took place in the first video. You could spend thirty minutes watching something that might motivate you to protect your expensive and highly regarded investment, or you can waste a half hour watching the reality show Hardcore Pawn. The choice is yours.
source: YouTube (1), (2) via AndroidCentral
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3050; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Make sure the phone case covers both the sides and corners of the display. That's usually the spot your phone hits when you drop it. I don't care how grand the design is of your phone, a glass display is still a glass display.
2. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
moral of the story? don't buy a galaxy s3, it's that simple.
6. Googlethis (Posts: 177; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Most smart phones are not built to withstand a beating even a minor one. this is not exclusive to the galaxy s3 or samsung devices. all of the major carriers with exception of ones that are trying to make military grade smart phones (Casio) or motorola trying to make a more buisness rugged phone. I suggest any smart or basic phones to have a decently rugged case usually otterbox or etc.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Otterbox Commuter series. I have lost track of how many times my Note II (and GS III before) have been saved by the Otterbox.
26. nbringer (Posts: 180; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I also have the Otterbox commuter series. When I bought it I was not convinced I did the right thing. That changed one week later when my brand new S3 took a ~1.5 meter fall to the concrete floor (from my chest pocket while I was running) and rolled a couple of times landing on its screen (I also have a tempered glass screen protection). I checked everything and only found a couple of dirt spots on the case. Not a single scratch anywhere. So I also strongly recommend a case.
4. jpmcnown (Posts: 34; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I prefer the OtterBox Reflex case. Not bulky, but plenty of protection.
5. bvalde09 (Posts: 174; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Iif This happen take it to a professinal not worthy the time and you are gonna end up worse
8. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
If my phone breaks, oh well.
Ill just buy a used one.
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Wat a wast. We all buy cases for our phone. Wat kind of idiot would make a video bout it? Sorry had to get it out.
11. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Right haha. Just watched the first vid a little over the top lol.
10. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
I know I usually hate cases so am glad the feather series from incipio is around. Now I got it on my lumia 822 feel enough protected but not to much bulk! It's less bulky then even the skin one I had :)
14. quakan (Posts: 1264; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
You feel your phone is protected with that thin snap on case? Just don't drop it, okay.
12. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
the Lumia 920 screen is way stronger that the s3s screen
16. Landmarkcm (Posts: 479; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
LOL I do feel it's better protected on the sides & back most def then with nothing on it. Surprised actually it's pretty tough material without being to bulky. And it's snapped on tight. Good cases incipio makes, esp for those of us that want some protection without adding too much to the phone.
24. cripton805 (Posts: 1133; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I googled Nokia broken screen and it also breaks with simple drops
28. androidlikeaboss (Posts: 40; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
Lol even the S2s screen is way stronger than the S3s screen
13. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
if the phone that was in the first video was a Lumia 920 he probably needs to keep hitting it like 5 times or 8 or maybe it might not break . :)
15. a_tumiwa (Posts: 362; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
it`s good news, please create a youtube video for us
23. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
There is a video actually made by PhoneBuff and it survived 2 videos but broke at the third video and the s3 didn't even survive the first video ;P
25. a_tumiwa (Posts: 362; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
How about lumia 920 vs iphone 5? any video ?
27. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
The iPhone didn't survive the second video
17. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I have a Lumia 920, and so the only thing I have to watch out for is that I don't drop the phone and break the ground ;o)
18. JohnnyBravo (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
The fist video is amazing!! Funny thing is the more people talk about screen breaking the more S3 videos I see. I am not a hater or anything it just feels like there are a lot of S3 screen cracking videos out there. Doesnt the S3 have Gorilla glass 2? Regardless glass is glass and it will break...At the moment Im risking it going raw dawg with my Nexus. No protection baby!
22. pokerc (Posts: 60; Member since: 24 May 2012)
My Evo lte is naked too, cases are for careless kids....
19. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Just got my Otterbox Commuter for my new Note 2. Very nice indeed and makes my phone feel very safe
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You will really appreciate your Commuter case the first time you drop your Note II. With the Commuter, I find it easier to hold the Note II. Drops occur when I try to carry the Note II plus something else. Before the Commuter, I was starting to pass on trying to hold the Note II plus anything else. Now, I don't worry 'cause the Commuter protects the Note II.
21. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Yeah, the Note 2 is one slippery bastard to hold onto. I've got a samsung case + coming also so I can compare the two and decide which one I like better. Also got my Spigen olephobic screen protector from amazon for it today
29. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Yeah, You need heavy and ugly case for fragile phones Like sgs1-3 and iphones.
Buy Nokia Lumia 920 and You don't need anything. Just enjoy superior design, color and quality!
30. Googlethis (Posts: 177; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
just because a phone might be durable does not mean that you shouldn't consider a case to lessen the chance of breaking or scratching or both.
31. ziggiec (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
I don't encase my phones. It hides the beauty of the phone.
32. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
That is why I don't understand why phone manufacturers go after making phones thinner and thinner only to make you buy a case to protect them from breaking. It doesn't make sense. Yeah your iphone5 or GS3 is thin but it wouldn't be anymore after clothing it with a case. On top of that, cases defeat the the phone's design. My Lumia 920 may not be as thin as the other phones but I enjoy looking at it in its full beauty without worrying that it breaks when it falls. I don't envy thin phones. I envy quality materials.
33. stychill (unregistered)
That first video made me laugh till i cried
34. Mariana1212 (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Sep 2014)
Thanks for mentioning Cell Phone Case!
Hello Alan, I found this blog post on Google today!
I just wanted to reach out and say “thanks!” for mentioning Cell Phone Case in the post.
I noticed that you hadn't included a link and was hoping if you be kind enough to include a link to the product to help your readers find it after reading article?
The page is cellullaroutfitter(dot)com
Thanks in advance and have a great week!