Video from LG teases Knock Code announcement at MWC 2014
0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2014, 15:29 posted on
On Monday, we told you about LG's "Knock Code", which is an enhanced version of the manufacturer's "Knock On" feature. First seen on the LG G2, "Knock On" allows you to awaken a sleeping phone by double tapping on the screen. Knock Code allows you to select one of 86,367 knock combinations to use as a pattern to quickly unlock your phone. The knock pattern you select can number up to eight taps and can be entered from any area of the screen...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sip1995 (Posts: 1551; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
DOUBLE TAP from Nokia with few words....and now (wp8.1) we will have the ability to wake/turn off (the device)............so COPY
3. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Not sure if you are saying Windows is being copied as devices could already double tap their device to awaken phone (with a mod) - due to its battery drain, I avoid it as it seems unnecessary. I mean, my phone already shuts down into sleep mode when I do not attend to it after a couple of minutes and I have it set up to where it goes to a lock screen asking for a pin code before it can be used..I guess this is nice on stock ROM, but no big deal for modders, such as myself...
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
This is much better than the normal Touch ID that some OEM's are using especially if you are drunk or asleep. Your girlfriend can't just take your finger and open your phone while you're knocked out... This way it needs a swipe pattern in order to unlock it...Niiiiiiiiice. :)
4. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
On KitKat, you can already choose from several options - pattern unlock, pin unlock, face recognition unlock, etc....
5. freebee269 (Posts: 535; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Yes but you have to press your power button to do any of those. Knock on doesn't involve have to turn your screen on first. Same with knock code. I like it. I have come to appreciate this feature on my g2.
6. Reeyawn (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I wonder if the G2 will be updated with this feature...hmm
8. etotherescue (Posts: 39; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
I am also wondering the same thing. It would be cool to have on my G2.
7. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That's pretty sweet, although I still like the BB10 swipe up to wake up feature better. Unfortunately for that, you need a huge bezel on the bottom for that.
9. saiki4116 (Posts: 379; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
For the first time, I am looking forward these from LG.This looks like a very useful feature
10. JunitoNH (Posts: 1603; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Knock on, on the G2, is simply a nice gimmick. After moderate use, the only thing I wanted was knock it, against the wall.