Video: Open webOS is running pretty smoothly on a Google Nexus 7
0. phoneArena 31 Dec 2012, 22:08 posted on
The gang at WebOS Ports has been very busy. When Open webOS v1.0 was released, we got to see...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Great. I would always prefer no more than 20-25% share for any mobile platform so that customers really remain the "KING" and for tablets best day would be the day UBUNTU is formally released for tablets
3. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
No surprise here as you can practically anything on an Android device.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Is root required?
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Can I choose not to root? Lol
16. sarb009 (Posts: 307; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Wendy plz root ur mind and flash a good rom. Thank you.
20. nexusalltheway (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Why do people have to dislike his question? SMH!
9. valapsp (Posts: 554; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
hahaha, I'm not rooted too. I'm more interested in Cyanogenmod than this. But some inner voice tells me not to root and I don't know why. :)
12. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
For me Android is incomplete without root access !
10. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
haha no one above have watched the video....they're simply commenting. this is the laggiest s**t i've ever seen!
13. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Do you know the meaning of "ALPHA BUILDS" ??????
It's clearly mentioned in the video's title and description ...
14. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
compare this with bb10 alpha build and go bang your head to the wall!
17. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
When did you see BB10 ported to nexus 7 ????
Check your facts, child...
19. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
you said alpha builds.....it reffers to the software...i didn't know that there are alpha builds for hardware too....and btw, the nexus 7 has a lot of guts when it comes to hardware. the conclusion is: webos is s**tty!
18. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Mother of god... You just went full retard.
11. PeaceB (Posts: 14; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
umm.. whats the point of porting a dead platform with no development? better spend that time on other projects... /=
21. housry23 (Posts: 128; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Yes it's laggy, but you have to understand that in order for it to work smoothly, all low level OS stuff like kernel, drivers, etc. have to be re written to work with the OS and hardware. It is NOT easy.
It was actually running very smooth on the home page and multitasking. Only the apps looked laggy to me. This is a very early development on an OS that is not written for this hardware. If you can do better, get in there and help them write the code to smooth it out!