Victim pays $200 for an Apple iPad in a gas station parking lot that turns out to be a mirror
0. phoneArena 11 Nov 2012, 03:49 posted on
Why would you buy an Apple iPad from someone trying to sell it to you in a gas station parking lot; Jalonta Freeman found out the hard way when she found out that the tablet she paid $200 for was really a mirror...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
39. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 May 2012)
New iPad, cool, what is it's resolution? And specs?
41. chronopc (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
This is completely the fault of this lady. Firstly, why would you ever buy an iPad from a stranger at a parking lot? Secondly, wouldn't you have the foresight to turn it on and make sure it's in working order before handing over $200? It surprise me that people are this gullible.
42. badini007 (Posts: 18; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I have an iPad 5 for sale!!! $199.99/- only. ;)
71. Droiddoes (unregistered)
Sweet brah, meet me at a gas station and we have a deal! Do you need my social security number, and will you accept a check?
43. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 400; Member since: 24 May 2011)
How can people be so stupid sometimes? I mean really, this is just sad.
45. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1294; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Wait!!! She saw the Apple logo but did not bother to turn it on and use it? She got fooled by a sticker? Maybe us guys got it backwards; stickers of women faces will work better than plastic bags.
46. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Know the sad part? If she had kept that $200 and walked into a nearby electronic store, she could have bought a way better Nexus 7 for that price...That's what you get for being dumb...
49. johnbftl (Posts: 224; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
iPad or whatever it was she may have been extorted out of her money for, that is just plain stupidity. How can one not have the foresight to know this could be a large probability? If a random stranger is trying to sell you an $800 electronic product in a gas station for $200, inspect the darn thing before handing over your money. Make sure it turns on and works properly. This even goes for people try to buy stuff off of craigslist. Use your reasoning skills. One of the reasons we have distinguished ourselves from other species is because we can think in terms of "if, then." Use that ability.
51. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1900; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
For everyone saying they feel sorry for her, think about something. If you're buying a sought after anything in a parking lot from a guy who appraoched you in a gas station for 1/4 the going price, if it would have been an actual ipad it would've been stolen. A buddy of mine was approached about buying a set of floor standing home stereo speakers for a low price right on the street in Chicago. When he asked to see them the guy took him to a delivery truck with a bunch of the speakers inside. My friend passed.
These are your standard "fell off the back of a truck" sales. You're buying stolen merchandise, a felony depending on the amount. If there was a story about a shipment of ipads/tabs/surfaces were stolen, you guys would be up in arms. But if someone gets ripped off buying stolen goods we should feel sorry for them. Sorry, no.
52. BREvenson (Posts: 214; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Once again, a gullible loser gets swindled by a deal that she should have seen coming. Obviously she had not seen the other cases where people got conned by strangers in parking lots and even stores like Wal-Mart.
I'm sorry, but I have no remorse for someone who was that foolish to take a deal like that. A fool and their money are soon parted...
55. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 863; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
This story should read "Dumbass pays $200 for an Apple iPad in a gas station parking lot that turns out to be a mirror"
People are so stupid.
91. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6743; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
no this story should read "DUMBASS with FAKE GLASSES pays 200$ for an APple I pad in a gas station parking lot that turns out to be a mirror. you left the glasses part out man.
56. networkdood (Posts: 6328; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Apple brings out the stupid people...
66. Iphone4 (unregistered)
70. json2181 (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
The only Ipad with face time that works on yourself . hahaha
72. JusMePnut (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Apple is about to sue the entire mirror industry.
79. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1009; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
She is a straight DUMBASS for believing that someone would sell an $800 iPad for $200........and at a gas station nonetheless????? im sorry, but i was laughing for almost 2 minutes straight. I have NO sympathy for that crap!! Dont she know that there are tons of thieves ready to pry on unsuspecting people like her
I can understand if it were at a mall then i can understand her anger..............but not a damn gas station lol
93. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6743; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
you can tell shes a DUMBASS because shes wearing fake glasses
82. sena7 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I clicked on this article just to browse through the comment section.
As expected, the lack of maturity in PhoneArena is second to none.
Give yourselves a pat on the back, and this comment a thumbs down (because you just can't help it).
83. Robert235 (Posts: 51; Member since: 30 May 2010)
She got a good deal,knowing apple they would sold a mirror with their logo for $400.
84. theo14461 (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
She seems like a nice, trusting person. The perfect victim for a crime like this. The slime-bag thief will burn in Hell forever. Maybe he will trip, fall, and slice their neck wide open on one of these mirrors, and bystanders will stand around him and laugh!
85. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Doesn't this article prove that they buyer had no brains but dollars to waste? More than that... was this really a piece of news for a tech site?
86. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6743; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This HAVE TO BE THE MOST hilarious story I've read all year long. it shows u how stupid the shps can be. i mean COM ON 200$ seriously didn't think twice did u? This woman is really stupid & didn't think bout it first. You didn't look at the package to see if its legit but yet u get a imirror instead and a poor photo copy of the big apple fruit
94. dukefawcett (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
It's okay, with a name like Jalonta, she was trained to be a victim her entire life. Stupid is as stupid does.
96. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Don't need to, Androids already are cheap plastic if anybody want it cheaper means free I guess...!!!!
100. lubba (Posts: 1312; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Good advertising for Apple. "Our iPads are so popular that even idiots want it."
102. kellkeezy (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
This lady didnt know she could buy a Nexus 7 for the same price? sounds like a case of the downs to me
103. downphoenix (Posts: 2424; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
She didnt think "hmm, maybe I should look at it before I buy it"?
I do feel sorry for her, but people like her that are that gullible get what they deserve for their naivety.
105. 0kax0el0 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
There is a popular saying "le vendieron espejitos" (they sold him/her little mirrors), well it couldn't be better applied.
111. Twisted247 (Posts: 261; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Lmao serves her right, Ya thats totally normal for someone to pull up want to sell you a brand new item at 75% off and needs to do the deal very quickly cause they need to go... She deserved this, pure idiot..
112. Noteix (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Well! On Other side She has now a $200 I pad Mirror... Its unique to have I Pad Mirror...
113. cyclone (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
She was sold ounce she saw that rear face camera w/retina display.