Victim pays $200 for an Apple iPad in a gas station parking lot that turns out to be a mirror
0. phoneArena 11 Nov 2012, 03:49 posted on
Why would you buy an Apple iPad from someone trying to sell it to you in a gas station parking lot; Jalonta Freeman found out the hard way when she found out that the tablet she paid $200 for was really a mirror...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fsnas (Posts: 102; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Well, there is no much of a difference between this mirror and a real iPad.
she should've bought an android tablet or surface!!
2. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 221; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Wow. You're so original. How do you come up with this stuff?
23. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
She was probably the one who bought the mirror!!
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 21686; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're something that starts with an I, but its not innovative.
104. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Oh so you meant fsnas is intelligent....
80. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3876; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I think she got quite a steal with the deal.
And maybe it's the real iPad, iOS pre-'un'installed, unlocked version...
You get 'reality'display...no lag, no buttons...just the Apple logo and the super reflective surface.
Those who go by the logo should find this quite innovative!
The scammer is a fool to have sold a rare Apple piece. :P
53. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I can bet that the scammer will buy a nexus 7 with that money!!!!
57. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Bring that mirror to the Police Dept. to scan for finger prints and catch the crook.
99. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
one would thing that the evidence would be contaminated by the handeling.
68. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1217; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I'm surprised no one mentioned that she was wearing hipster glasses.
98. KaiTech (Posts: 20; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Without lenses...she deserved it just for the frames... ;D
50. oldhamletman (Posts: 72; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
apple users will buy anything with the logo...... and if it doesnt work.... that's absolute proof its an apple product
110. Hlorri (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 May 2008)
Yeah, I think a $200 premium for just the Apple logo is about current market price.
60. inertiatic (Posts: 34; Member since: 29 May 2012)
With the new front facing camera and the Retina2 display, it's impossible to identify individual pixels while looking at your own face!
69. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Mirror vs iPad 4
More realistic colors
comes with warranty
75. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I love that the salesman used a mirror. As she's peeling off the stickers she can see exactly what someones face looks like when they realize they've just been had, and the realization that they're a moron.
87. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Shes just stupid didn't think bout looking at the box 1st or opening it. She just like 200$ a good pricethen open and like OMG.
109. Hlorri (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 May 2008)
To illustrate your point, here is a (albeit older, slightly outdated) comparison between a 2008 iPhone vs. a rock:
3. adelta90 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
its sad that people fall for this kinda stuff
18. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I don't feel sorry 4 this women ..HECK !!! i even can't tell which ipad is which . i mean 1st ,2nd ,3rd ,4th generation they all look the SAME & identical to mirrors :P .....that's why scammers take products from Apple to steal frm ppl...bcuz they know dumb ppl with too much money use them.....
Lets see them fool an Android User !!
5. twens (Posts: 979; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Hahaha,can't stop laughing. This goes to show what kind of people purchase apple products and why.lol,next time it will be a brick with an apple logo.I think I better start selling that in my hood.lol ifools.hahaha
6. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Imirror .. the most innovative mirror in the world ..