Viber takes a page from the competition with a big new update
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2013, 01:58 posted on
Messaging juggernaut app Viber has gone through an update, the scale of which is formidable. In a non-too surprising move, Viber has moved to implement features that were sorely lacking for at least a...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 206; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
This is superb update .
Only thing left for them is adding video call option too.
6. hunted (Posts: 286; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
video call option is available in desktop version(in beta)
8. Viber (Posts: 30; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
Thanks for your feedback, we'll look into it.
As @hunted said, Video calls are available on the desktop version at this point.
2. mr.techdude (Posts: 417; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Yeh I use whatsapp which is the best mssging app by far then its competion.
3. Magenta (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I've used Viber for more than a year everyday now before when I owned an iPhone 4S and till the switch to Android. Very pleased. They kept up with the modern layout and it also responds quicker compare to a year ago. Viber has potential. Just give it time although it isn't as popular as WhatsApp. Now I alternate between Viber and Hangouts but I use both daily.
4. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Upstart app WeChat is still ahead of them.
5. surya91 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
cover have to be fast
in which low speed network can be manageable
10. londoner (Posts: 31; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
So that menas i can have a viber subcription like skype?
11. Viber (Posts: 30; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
You can purchase credit for ViberOut.
Details and rates can be found here: account.viber.com