Viber might finally arrive on BlackBerry 10 devices
Although BlackBerry 10 devices can be sideloaded with the Android version of the messenger, a full-fledged Viber app is greatly anticipated by a lot of BB 10 users.
@kbuwa We are working with BB on a solution that will allow us to bring Viber to BB10. Please follow us for updates coming soon!— Viber (@Viber) March 2, 2014
Viber was recently purchased by Rakuten, a large Japanese e-commerce site, for roughly $900 million.
source: @Viber via BerryReview
1. power_x (Posts: 238; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Viber wasn't on BB10 all that time ????????????????
and then BlackBerry was wondering why they are falling
2. Zenzui (Posts: 88; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
It's better late than never. BB is not bad as of this stage. They had been bringing in apps that is widely used on different mobile platforms. Good move for the new CEO.
3. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
As if Viber is a "must have" app...Meh...
4. Zenzui (Posts: 88; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
True. But Viber is one of the apps both android and apples has that can communicate to each other using VOIP.
7. a_tumiwa (Posts: 295; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
yeah their support for many platforms, make them one of the best
5. realtrevor (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
BlackBerry 10 is on the roll, just today they have received a native OneDrive (SkyDrive) App.
6. Johnnokia (Posts: 552; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Hopefully, it would not like the newly arrived Tango, that keeps lagging and crushing all the time.
Just please make a native app.
I uninstalled most of the Android apps on my Z 10 because they are really slow and problematic.
Even with the last bb10 update, the Android apps are not working fine on my Z10