Vertu announces the Constellation, a $6600 leather-backed Android phone
Vertu Constellation images
source: Vertu via Engadget
2. android_hitman (Posts: 596; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
at that price ..poor baby crocs more likely
4. Topcat488 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Considering the "specs", i'm thinking leather straight-from-A-baby-cow is needed. Yeah, yeah, only 1 calf is needed for this project.
3. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Which Dumass will buy this instead of an iPhone 5S, Htc one, z ultra and Z1?
6. Amro_ (Posts: 12; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
You should learn to spell too. Upper-case characters are used in the beginning of a sentence. Only one period is used at the end of a sentence.
Seriously, who buys these Vertu phones? Their design is pretty ugly and they're way too expensive. Apparently someone buys them, since the company has been around for 15 years already.
11. zennacko (Posts: 234; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
People who want some "Premium feeling" when buying a phone, people with inflated ego, and people who thinks Apple isn't... sophisticated enough for their tastes, due to the fact that even a stray dog can get an iPhone on a 2 year contract. But no stray dog, salaryman (there isn't much difference from the former to the latter :P), or your average joe can buy a Vertu. Hell, they might even ask you to wear at least a Calvin Klein/Hugo Boss suit,designer shoes, just to enter the store. I guess they don't need to check credit as I think they won't finance any phone, it will be full payment straight D:
13. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
They are never bought for performance or looks. It is bought to make a statement.
7. promise7 (Posts: 410; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Aside from all the obvious ridiculous things about this phone, but no LTE? Also, what kind of updates do these get?
8. Miracles (Posts: 491; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
A 1,800 mAh battery...for how much? Who is the seller designating as the buyers for this...the Queen of England?
9. tedkord (Posts: 4734; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Wealthy people who want a status symbol. Also, it comes with some sort of worldwide personal concierge/assistant. A real person.
14. shikroi (Posts: 186; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
grade 5 titanium, calf leather and sapphire glass costs a lot of money.
15. Miracles (Posts: 491; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Yeah but what use is a phone when it only looks good on the outside. It the inside that matters.
A car may look awesome when you give it a paint job, but it doesn't mean its gonna change its performance. It's like having a car that doesn't work, but looks sick on the outside.
16. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Tell that to all the Apple, Nokia & HTC fans on this site
17. Miracles (Posts: 491; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
LOL I don't use any of those brand phones anymore. I have had all those brands before though. I have had HTC HD2, Nokia Lumia 920, and iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. I sold all of them except iP5, which I gave to family.
Though I have to say Nokia actually has good design and hardware. I just didn't like WP8. I haven't yet used Samsung, so I can't speak for them.
10. Rongocook (Posts: 76; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
I'd like one just for bragging to my frens.
12. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
A $6600 budget phone, what I always wanted....