Vertu Ti could be the first Android smartphone made by Nokia
0. phoneArena 31 Jan 2013, 03:44 posted on
Yesterday we told you that a Vertu smartphone running Android was on the horizon, and today, the said handset has been exposed in its full glory. It will be known as the Vertu Ti, according to the leak's source, and it is expected to cost a little over $4000 – a relatively low price for a device belonging to the luxurious brand. But in addition to all the leather, stainless steel, sapphire glass, and whatever fancy materials the handset will be made out of, there's one more interesting detail about it, which we think should be pointed out. Believe it or not...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. omar98 (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
That is such an ugly and fat phone i dont imagine nokia making that so probably false
2. phil2n (Posts: 458; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Wow.!! you call a phone ugly which is full of diamonds?.. i don't think you know Vertu.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Omar obviously don't know Vertu. They were Nokia's wing but Nick, didn't Nokia sell it?
If it was sold, this article could be false.
If it still means something, it would be a nice addition to Nokia's shelf. But this phone won't be something we can get easily...
So yes, all you hardcore Android fans who wanted to see the OS in a Nokia, here it is. (Pun intended)
15. steelicon (Posts: 302; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
Vertu is a British-based manufacturer and retailer of luxury mobile phones. Formerly a wholly owned subsidiary, the business was an independently run division of the Finnish mobile-phone manufacturer Nokia. In October 2012, Nokia sold Vertu to private equity group EQT VI for an unspecified amount but will retain a 10% share.
Nokia retains 10% which is indicative of ownership.
Nokia still owns Vertu.
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2952; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Alright mate, thanks for this piece of information. Appreciated!
3. Avinash.Meeniga (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Nokia has sold vertu so this is not a nokia's android smartphone
5. MistB (Posts: 509; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
It is and it isnt. The parts are made by Nokia such as the battery, Nokia built the phone for Vertu, it is indirectly the first Nokia made phone to run Android, without the Nokia branding.
7. Avinash.Meeniga (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
nah you can't go like that cause even before when nokia own vertu they were never branded as nokia phones also if we go by your way several key components of the iphone are made by samsung but you won't say that's a samsung phone
10. MistB (Posts: 509; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Samsung supplied the chips and screen but they didn't actually assemble the phone for Apple which is a different thing. If we are to believe the story then Nokia has indirectly, not directly, built the phone for Vertu to run Android whereas Apple sources it's components to Foxconn. Without a Nokia badge, this phone also uses. Nokia coding based on the Lumia series but I repeat, this is NOT directly a Nokia phone which I stated.
8. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
"Believe it or not, the Vertu Ti will most likely be the first Android smartphone made by Nokia, which used to own Vertu until recently, yet sold 90% of it to EQT last year. "
So Nokia still has 10% of Vertu.. And the model number, battery and screen are from Nokia too.... ;)
14. tashreef (Posts: 474; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
samsung used to make chipset's for apple ..but still the device is known as iPhone not Samsung...
17. MistB (Posts: 509; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If you're replying to me note that I said supplied (past tense) and not supply. Plus no one ever said Samsung made the IPhone, all that was said was that Samsung was the supplier for the screens and chipset, not the actual designer/assembler of the IPhone, we all know that Apple patents it's designs in the US and sources them to Foxconn
23. napsterO6 (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
It's because Samsung doesn't own any share of the APPLE.
4. phil2n (Posts: 458; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
If this the case then maybe Nokia realizes that android is another choice for their High Quality phones
11. N-fanboy (Posts: 343; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
The ugliest sh¡t i've ever seen! It looks kike something from power rangers.
12. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
who would buy such a hunk of junk!?
"I need to prove how superior I am buy buying an inferior phone at 6x the normal phone price!"
13. tashreef (Posts: 474; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
No matter how fandroids just want nokia with Android .... and the result is this post...
Say Nokia "No" to android....
18. Bernoulli (Posts: 1181; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
This will be bad if people realize that it's nokia hardware in it, and if it still sells more than the current lumia line up, if it sells more than the current lumia line up, Elop needs to be sent to exile
21. motty (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I dont about the material where it mades. How luxurious is this. But for me this is ugly smart ive ever seen
22. B3BLW29 (Posts: 232; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
1,250mAh Battery seriously!!! Anyone who buys them probably has to buy addition battery to get through the day..