Verizon's new, cheaper pre-paid plans
The cheaper option is the $60 per month plan, which includes unlimited talk, text and 500MB of data. Not bad, not bad, but the slightly more expensive plan is much better. For $70 a month, you'll get unlimited talk, text and 2GB of data!
By the way, subscribing to e pre-paid plan might be better if you have an old compatible device, rather than buy a new one, because Big Red's current selection of pre-paid handsets isn't anything to write home about.
Verizon's previous pre-paid plan was $80 a month for unlimited talk, text and a gig of data.
source: Verizon via Gizmodo
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That's not what i called cheap. Just buy a CDMA STRAIGHT TALK PHONE runs off Verizon and pay 45$ a month with unlimited. how's this cheap?
6. DetroitTech (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Except Straight Talk is straight garbage. Maybe your experience is better but if you go over 100mb a day or 2GB a month they disable you. Nice... 100mb a day is really easy to go over.
It sounds like a great deal maybe I'm wrong but from all I've read a lot of people have had issues.
13. Smokn04cobra (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Feb 2011)
It's too bad that straight talk only has access to a portion of Verizon wireless' towers and good luck getting any customer service
14. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Both wrong, tmobile has the best prepaids. $70 a month unlimited everything with 4g data no throttling. Or $30 a month 100min of talk, unlimited text + 3g data and 5gb of 4g data.
19. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Virgin mobiles unlimited wimax data, unlimited text, and 100 mins for $35 is mentionable. Plus vm has some decent devices for cheap like the sgs2 and evo3d.
2. Synack (Posts: 672; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Or just go with T-Mobiles unlimited everything plan for $70.........
4. centurion (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
l agree wiz u an t-mobile is good were l live an l was on verizon an it suck to paid more for the same services an t mobile is great on the updated better than verizon
10. Synack (Posts: 672; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I'm a Verizon user and know this is a great deal. I'm just waiting for T-Mobile LTE :)
15. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Tmobile lte is coming very soon, don't worry there about to start switching the lte network on.
3. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Can we all say USELESS.....
7. blahb (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 May 2012)
PagePlus provides the best Verizon pre-paid option hands down. Got my fiance, mom and dad all on PagePlus via KittyWireless to handle the pre-paid aspect of it.
1200min/3000text/250MB for $29.95/mon. no taxes or fees
Unlimited Talk/Text/2GB for $55.00/mon. no taxes or fees
Unlimited Talk/Text/5GB for $69.95/mon. no taxes or fees
If you can get over Kitty's mid 90's website you can save some serious money yearly with Verizon's 3G network. All three have been happy with rooted HTC Incredibles.
9. iGREGG (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
from $80.00 to $70.00????
11. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 545; Member since: 20 May 2012)
With Verizon, there is no such thing as cheaper
12. Obdabeast (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
Verizon don't deal with broke people. especially when people in general have not loyalty to phone brands or phone companies. so they will make their prices what they have to. don't plan too many trips with your t mobile outside of the city though.
16. GoBears (Posts: 426; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
If you want smoking fast LTE almost everywhere you go with nationwide coverage even in the sticks, you got to pay. TMobile might be cheaper but their coverage is horrible compared to big red. Id rather pay a few bucks extra and actually be able to use my phone. Where I live this is a pretty decent deal.
17. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
a few extra bucks? On a 2 year contract your spending $1500+ more to get similar stuff from a $30 tmobile plan. Plus the tmobile monthly 4g is GSM and no contract so if you don't like your phone selling it and buying a new one isn't a problem.
20. NateAdam8 (Posts: 384; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
T-Mobile offer a $70 a Month Plan with Unlimited Text, Unlimited Talk and Truly Unlimited Data and it can be use with any T-Mobile Device or any unlock GSM Device