Verizon's map goes white in California as service goes down
This article contains unofficial information.
1. david_the_gom (Posts: 114; Member since: 20 Dec 2008)
Currently located in Southern CA near Los Angeles area... 12/13/09 11:37 PM PST: My service works perfect with 3G Signal and 4 bars..
2. sinfulta (Posts: 268; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I called my friend right after this was put up that works on Verizon's network team, as I work with them from Qualcomm sometimes. There is no service interruption for Verizon customers. Alltel accounts that were converted or old port in Alltel customer numbers that our Verizon are the one's having issues. Network is up and running. Funny how information get's skewed or blown out of proportion.
5. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
must be some more fake news, thanks qualcomm dude!
13. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
I'm glad Phone Arena confirmed before posting the article.
15. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
How many reporters wait to "confirm" information before reporting it? The game is all about being the first to report, and there are many other sites reporting the same.
18. tonyc_42 (Posts: 61; Member since: 18 Aug 2009)
phonearena does not have "reporters" and are never "first to report". if you notice on pretty much all of their article it says they took it from from another site. cut and paste is a great thing...
4. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Theres a map for that one too hahahahahahahahahahahah
6. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
engadget is reporting it as a midwest issue and not just former Alltel subs according to howardforums
7. krysis (Posts: 76; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
I live in Toledo(northwest), Ohio and i didn't even know service was down. It was fine for me all night (work 3rds), and within my work, it's hard to get a signal (big ol' metallic factory), and i didnt notice anything wrong.
8. vzwombat25 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
HUGE outages in WI...I'm an hour west of the Twin Cities and call failure rate was about 98%. It's down to 25% now but nearly every converted alltel customer who was a friend of mine was having this problem. I work for an authorized agent of big red and store reps from all over the state were seeing this
19. E.N. (Posts: 2522; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Haha, you guys are lame. Service went down in San Francisco and you guys flooded the article. And now look at this. Loosing service in California, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio is okay. You guys are really in love with Verizon if you guys can rationalize this situation.
10. je2345 (Posts: 62; Member since: 05 May 2009)
I'am in West Michigan by the lake and my Droid is working perfectly!
12. ravensfan55 (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Feb 2009)
I haven't been able to complete voice calls or use the internet on my Droid since last night here in San Fran. Text messages are intermittent, but all calls and data transfers fail.
20. sinfulta (Posts: 268; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
You Ravensfan55, have an Iphone 3GS, and bash on VZW any chance you get. And all of a sudden you have a Droid in SF (which is where I was when the outages was happening for LTE deployment testing for our new Qualcomm chipset) and Both AT&T and Verizon services were working perfectly. I am using a Droid Eris atm on VZW and Iphone 3GS on AT&T.
14. AZNphoneGeek (Posts: 200; Member since: 15 May 2009)
i wonder how much cash ATT had to throw to Phonearena for them to post this hahahaha
16. rwolf1984 (Posts: 522; Member since: 06 Jun 2009)
All networks are vulnerable to service interruptions the big four are the most reliable. This is the first multi-state VZW outage I've seen in a long time. . .Much less embarrassing then the recent T-Mobile service issues.
17. tonyc_42 (Posts: 61; Member since: 18 Aug 2009)
"The carrier says that service should be fully restored in 6 to 8 hours". if that's true and Verizon did indeed say this, then it should not say that the article is unofficial. you fail again phonearena
21. sinfulta (Posts: 268; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
It's unofficial because it didn't happen, and they're is no proof that it happened. There was mentioned that old former Alltel numbers (That means if the number WAS ever and Alltel number) or converted accounts, Or Alltel numbers in the Verizon system, during conversion in those areas would have outages till conversion. Those areas affected less than 1% of Verizon subscribers and those people were notified in advanced when it was happening. Through the mail, email (if on file) and through free text message over a week ago. They're was no real network outages, just account conversions for those few people in those areas.
22. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
So because you didn't have problems no one else did? Droid is the new it phone so there will be some that give up an iphone for it.
23. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
after all this stuff that phonearena has about verizon possibly being bad im beggining to believe that phone arena (which has a blue theme) may have a bias against verizon... its ok phonearena, but atleast let us know that you guys like AT&T more
24. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
and to tonyc, yes it could be verizon saying it... because those alltel customer affected by it, are under the respnosibility of verizon, since there is no alltel anymore... wow