Verizon's iPhone users report fewer dropped calls than AT&T customers
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2011, 19:02 posted on
Apple iPhone 4 users on Big Red's network find themselves dropping calls at less than half the rate as those using Apple's touchscreen handset over AT&T's pipelines...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Harlem1189 (unregistered)
No one cares about Verizon OR the Verizon iPhone.
2. heyitzme (Posts: 87; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
Shenanigans. Just because YOU don't care about something says nothing about other people's opinions.
15. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, if someone said that about AT&T, then you would have received 9 hugs and kisses....lol
3. RazorBlade (unregistered)
Tell us something we dont know alright!
4. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
fast Att iphone(HSPA) > slow Verizon Iphone(EVDO REV A) anytime, all the time.
5. downphoenix (Posts: 2415; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
how's that 2GB cap working out for ya?
6. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I've had the 2GB cap for a while and unless you stream movies 24 hours a day, it is sort of difficult to use the entire 2GB. But I suppose some people feel entitled to hogging the network by watching video constantly...
9. Allday28 (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
Thats all about to change. Verizons network will be miles ahead of att when Lte is finished in 2013. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!
8. Goldeneye (Posts: 360; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
specially with an android device, tell me about it my Dinc easily uses 2GB and no I don't stream music or videos 24/7 just internet, e-mail, market you name it, man Android is so fun and addictive, lol
17. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Now, we get one free app a day from the AMAZON market :-)
21. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I don't have internet in my home (Not my choice, I live in the sticks) and yet, I run a web based business with my phone. On the 2GB plan. So I still don't understand how people plow through that much data.
12. Yo (unregistered)
If you have wifi access at home its tough to even get close to 1GB of usage. Some people are just too attached to their phones and don't pay attention. I use wiring whenever possible cause its much faster anyway. For the last few weeks I haven't had internet access at home or work and that 2GB is easy to get to. So if you don't have other internet access the 2GB is a pain.
16. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Companies are capping DSL use soon...so wifi off your router counts as data with your provider...AT&T will cap in May and COMCAST already caps, to a point...
22. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
The talk about capping DSL means to cap you after 150GB. If you use more than 150GB of data in a month, you deserve to be capped because durp it does slow down the network for everyone else.
18. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Offering a lower data plan helps those families with 5 smartphones on one plan....
20. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
if they cant afford it those families shouldnt HAVE 5 smart phones. god knows little timmy needs to stay up to date on that the hot lunch is in his 4th grade class.
23. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Oh my gosh YES. Because they lower the plan to the 200MB plan and THAT you go over very easily. Any matriach/patriarch of a family with 5 iPhones on a shared Family Talk plan needs a good punch in the throat if they're going to constantly ask to lower their bill.
19. ATTCallCenter (unregistered)
I don't think it's really the provider, it's more the phones. I've had Verizon forever, and over the course of 4-6 years maybed dropped 2 calls, and that's cause I was in the mountains and expected that. The first day I get my smartphone I dropped a call lol, probably just coincidence because I haven't dropped one since. People need to stop being stupid, figure out who works best where they live and get that company. For Albuquerque, Verizon is the best for everything. ATT drops calls as does Sprint and T-Mo, therefore people running these other services are stupid in my area, if they complain