Verizon's holiday deals worth dialing up?
0. phoneArena 25 Nov 2009, 12:40 posted on
If you have been planning to pick up a new phone, might as well do it during Black Friday and save a few bucks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lovelythought (Posts: 8; Member since: 17 Nov 2009)
nah. I'd rather get trampled at wal-mart
2. Steven58 (Posts: 76; Member since: 25 Nov 2009)
Sounds like Verizon's putting their old phones on sale. The ones their clearing out anyway. Nah, not for me.
3. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
I have been waiting for black friday. The wife needs a need phone and wants the Eris. SO I was hopeing it would go on sale. Walmart sounds like the place for the Eris so far. And the kid might be getting a phone with Bestbuy doing the Chocolate free I think. Come on Verizon release the Passion or give so killer deals Friday!
4. darthray (Posts: 72; Member since: 04 Nov 2009)
I agree with you hawk, Iam waiting on the htc passion myself.
5. androidfanatic (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Nov 2009)
Why not just do annual upgrades? I got the droid this year, storm (bad idea lol) last year, next year I hope there's another droid with a keyboard better than this one
6. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
Because, I left VZ this summer for the iphone. I am only coming back if vz gets a phone that competes with the iphone and the Droid does not come even close!
7. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I agree. I will be back on Verizon when the iPhone arrives at Verizon. If not, then I am content with AT&T. The Droid didn't even move me at all. I twitched a little when I saw videos of the Pre though. But just a little.
8. vzw fanman (Posts: 1975; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
why don't you think the droid comes close to an iphone dude?
9. VZW (Posts: 24; Member since: 02 Nov 2009)
Because unlike the Droid, the iPhone drops calls and has spotty 3G. That's why they want the iPhone.
10. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
And unlike the Droid, the iPhone doesn't have glitchy software and has 100k+ applications for whatever you want to do with your phone rather it be personal or business. Once the iPhone hits another carrier your Verizon is screwed! And I don't use the iPhone either and I left vzw because they suck so BITE ME!
11. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
Have you experienced glitchy software yet? I had 2 Droids and ran after that. Google is only good at making apps for another OS beside their own in my opinion.
12. rhomaion (Posts: 187; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
Well if your waiting for Verizon to get it then don't hold your breath... remember they have the worst smartphones ever eh... EVER!
13. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
well i live in eastern PA and I have good coverage and I use about 10mins/month so dropped calls are not a problem for me. I can get on the net whenever i want and my texts always go. The only time I had a problem was at the PENN STATE game. But all the networks are so overloaded noone's phone has great service there. The iphone is great for games!
15. dubracer223 (Posts: 46; Member since: 16 Mar 2009)
relax dude you know us verizon users cant say anything bad about any other service for fear of panties bunching up and ganging up on us. and its not the iphones fault its the weather.