HTC Touch Pro2 Preliminary Specifications | Review (EU)
This article contains unofficial information.
2. xcalibur (Posts: 49; Member since: 18 May 2009)
so i gotta decide between the TPro2 and the moto sholes or calgary or whatever it's called, as for looks they did a nice job keeping it the way it's supposed to look, and i heard from different sites that it's not get this ya'll ......CRIPPLED GASP!!!!!
4. Sethdras (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
yea i'm deciding between those two as well, but i havent had the best past with Motorola's so i think i am leaning towards the TP2. I am going to check it out at T-mobile on August 12th to see how it is first. A release date for Verizon would help a lot
5. VZWfangirl (Posts: 71; Member since: 25 Jul 2009)
I'm also debating between the Android phones and this. I'm not a fan of Windows Mobile but the phone is undeniably sexy. I'll most likely just wait though and see what the Calgary and Sholes or 'Shules" are like. I'm upset they removed the flash though, but I hear the battery life is really good which is always a plus.
6. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Bravo for the 3.5 mm Head Phone Jack!!! No Flash? Not like HTC... Boo!!
7. stdeeeez (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
I Went into verizon today...about an hour ago. just about 4 days ago i got my very own touch pro.then i heard news about verizon releasing the Touch Pro 2 Soon. So i asked him if i should jus return the touch pro and wait for the touch pro two and he said i couldnt tell you when its coming out but u should probably jus keep your phone for another week and then see what happens ......WINK WInk GRINS BIG.
10. Quemical (Posts: 162; Member since: 14 Jul 2009)
so just return it and stop reading into nothing
11. ckeegan (Posts: 24; Member since: 20 Sep 2005)
A week? I have to say that's a little hard to believe, but the sooner the better. Right now, I'm hearing August 27th and September 1st.
18. stdeeeez (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
I Jus GOt The touch Pro... Why Would I Return Before The TPII Comes Out If i can use my original tp until the new one comes out and then just xchange it.
19. stdeeeez (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
No im not saying he was trying to tell me it would be out in a week but that it would be announced in a week or so.
21. ckeegan (Posts: 24; Member since: 20 Sep 2005)
Gotcha, but even then, Verizon doesn't typically release official announcements until right before the device is launched, unless it's a BB device. The Tour teaser page went online a month before release, and the actual availability date was added 2 weeks before release. Even then, I'd be amazed if Verizon put any marketing effort whatsoever behind the Touch Pro2, since they haven't done so in the past. Heck, the XV6800 just showed up on the website one day, with no official announcement whatsoever. Here's to hoping we do see some kind of confirmation next week though.
8. Sethdras (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
very nice, lets hope the release date comes out soon then. VZWfangirl, i think the Calgary is now named Shules, so its actually 1 phone. I heard there will be flash on the Shules (calgary).
9. dZW (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 Jun 2008)
the sholes and calgary are two different full-qwerty android devices destined for Verizon.
12. Kiltlifter (Posts: 742; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
yeah isn't the calgary supposed to be the android phone that has a qwerty razr-esque keyboard?
25. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
Its a name Toss up thanks to Phone arena's botched leaks and desire to F with people to make a story...Its actually 1 phone.
13. dZW (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 Jun 2008)
last i saw it still had the razr like qwerty, probably wont be released till late 2009 early 2010 since the sholes will be release sometime this fall. Dont want to have too much competition for an adroid device especially for the same company.
14. Sethdras (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
if you look at the motorola phones on this website, it shows that the calgary is also named sholes or shules, so i am standing by the "its 1 phone", but it does look sweet
23. dZW (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 Jun 2008)
yea im not sure why phonearena has that messed up but i know for a fact they are two different.... here's the sholeshttp://gigglehd.com/zbxe/files
/attach/images/296468/758/820/here's the calgary..http://www.androphones.com/pic 002/motorola-sholes.jpg tures/motorola-calgary-verizon-android-phone-39.jpg
24. Sethdras (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
oh ok, they look really similar and i thought that the original picture (the calgary) that shows a razor type qwerty keyboard was a very old leaked photo and that the actual calgary changed names and is no longer like that. So i dont know who to beleive anymore! haha
17. ckeegan (Posts: 24; Member since: 20 Sep 2005)
RAM has been verified by several people who currently have the TP2 in their possession, including the person who posted the video on YouTube. It's all there.
20. VZWChick (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Aug 2009)
Ok, question is: The Pre, the Touch Pro 2 or the Shules???????????????Hmmph!
22. ckeegan (Posts: 24; Member since: 20 Sep 2005)
I personally would take the Touch Pro2 over the Pre, but the Shules is hard to say. There's not really a lot of info on it yet, processor speed, user interface, etc.
26. xcalibur (Posts: 49; Member since: 18 May 2009)
i was hoping it would also have a flash for the camera