Verizon's Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 pictured, huge carrier logo included
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2014, 16:09 posted on
Verizon has yet to confirm the release of the Samsung Galaxy NotePRO, but we assume it will do it soon. This will be the carrier's largest Android tablet ever...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. shnibz (Posts: 284; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Its still not as bad as covering the home button with it on the Galaxy Note II. That was hideous.
2. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 2065; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Can someone tell me why in the US, "carriers" have the right to stick their name on everything except on IPhones?
4. bucky (Posts: 2470; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Because it part of the agreement to not molest iPhones.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 2791; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, that is the one area where I respect Apple. To not let idiotic carriers have their way and F up their product in any way whatsoever. If only others followed suit and forced those retards to stop sticking their crap on my phone.
7. kryme (Posts: 329; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
if they follow suit apple sue..... they mus have some patent for that somewhere in their portfolio
9. remtothemax (Posts: 260; Member since: 02 May 2012)
well if other phone companies are as creative with their phone designs as you are with your insults, it's no wonder they get sued for infringing intellectual property
5. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It's a vestige of a time when the carriers had vastly more power over the US handset market. Manufacturers basically had to bow to the whims of the carriers in order to get them to subsidize and market their devices to consumers. That's why you used to see many more carrier-specific devices like the Evo line, the Droid line, and the MyTouch line. OEMs have much more power now though, thanks to much stronger appeal to brands such as Galaxy, One, and Nexus, so at least the bigger players like Samsung, LG, and HTC are able to get their flagships through relatively-unscathed.
Manufacturers can still choose whether or not to put the logo on, but doing so, and complying with the carrier, is often much easier than fighting back. The reason Apple doesn't is because they're Apple, and they don't believe in being branded by someone else.
3. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Big screen big logo I mean what else should I say, dats what she said mate everyone said also
8. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Just needs a Verizon logo on the home button and on each corner of the tablet. lol
10. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
I'll sand blast that logo off.
12. TruPatriot (Posts: 110; Member since: 27 May 2013)
If customers are going to advertise for Verizon we should be getting paid for it.
I would like one of these tablets, but when I can get a much better laptop for the same or less money there is no way.
7" Nexus costs $240, So a 12" Tablet should not cost $850