Verizon's Samsung GALAXY Note II receives Android 4.3, gains Galaxy Gear support
PenUp has been updated to the version used on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as has MultiWindow. That means more apps are found in the MultiWindow tray. Sound and Shot has been improved on the camera and Blutooth Smart Low Energy has been enhanced. In addition, you can now roam on the Telus network in Canada after updating the phablet.
Some features have a new name. AllSharePlay is now Samsung Link, AllShareCast is called Screen Monitoring after the update, and Media and Music has been renamed Samsung Hub. Lastly, VMWare, the Amazon appstore and the Amazon widget are all updated with the Android 4.3 update
The OTA update is 246.5MB and you should have your battery charged to at least 50% and be on a Wi-Fi connection when you download and install the update.
Verizon's Samsung GALAXY Note II is receiving Android 4.3
source: Verizon via MobileBurn
1. torr310 (Posts: 305; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
So happy... have been waited for long time!
13. Dadler22 (Posts: 159; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
my phone is updating to 4.3 OTA right now dude. Maybe you need to recheck again
14. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Wow... Samsung definitely deliver on the update! Feel like a new phone.
2. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1471; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hey you posted my tip, woo hoo! Just finished downloading this, Im diggin the new Unlock effect
3. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 334; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I'm liking this update's features on my S3, but it's a huge RAM hog and seems overall less stable. The battery had also been disappointing.
4. bwhiting (Posts: 146; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
My friend got this update and says that the bluetooth speed has been improved like stated and isn't have much to any problems right now
5. biagnosis (Posts: 18; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Also received Android 4.3 update here in the Philippines on my Note II last night.
11. biagnosis (Posts: 18; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Pare the font slightly change. As well As the size. Seems like a new phone for me. Some changes are unlikeable though like removal of pop up browser as an option to open a link in some apps like fb. Try pare
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I like the popup browse too! That's the only con when i start using the Note 3.
After awhile i just get use to it. Popup browse is really a nice novelty but i don't miss it anymore.
8. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Actually I have an ATT Note 2 and it is upgrading as we speak: 696.85MB total!
10. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
That was 4.3 with ATT. Hey Phone Arena are you sleeping at the wheel?
12. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Now honestly I cant tell the difference with a Note 3. The screen has improved and everything is much faster. Very impressive. Oh and my understanding is that the s pen has now be upgraded to a s pen Note 3.
17. GrosseFatigue (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Getting 4.3 on my Note 2 was an eye opening. It validates Google and Motorola philosophy of having maybe not the absolute best tech specs on their cells, like a 1080p screen but the most recent Android software instead.
18. JackFK (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
I got the Note II. I update to android 4.3 . my screen mirroring with my dongel doesn't work anymore. :(