Verizon's Samsung GALAXY Nexus to get Android 4.0.4 update on Tuesday?
0. phoneArena 21 May 2012, 18:18 posted on
A number of sources have told Droid-Life that the Verizon version of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus will be receiving the Android 4.0.4 update on Tuesday; considering that no official word has come out of Verizon, we are still in 'wait and see' mode...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. roconnor (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2010)
4.04? I thought that version was buggy and the Verizon Galaxy Nexus was going to get 4.05?
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
4.0.2 is buggy as hell so i doubt 0.4 could be any worse.
4. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so much for the pure Google experience.. VRZ still owns
5. cj100570 (Posts: 204; Member since: 12 May 2009)
Another statement based on opinion and not fact. The CMMA/LTE Nexus phones/devices will never have the OS updated at the same time as the GSM version. That's a fact of life and has very little to nothing to do with Verizon. Sure, Verizon takes a long time to approve updates that change the radios but the non-free bits of the LTE/CDMA code prevent Google from just dropping it onto a phone.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I see facts... the Nexus still has the same version so you can sugar coat all you want bottom line is the Nexus brand was different... nice to see you defending what cannot be...
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Gotta give it to gallitoking on this one. Sprint GN has been updated and yet Verizon has not. 6 freaking months of waiting. Constantly rebooting, freezing up, lagging, long restarts, typing bugs, horrible battery life, piss poor signal strength. The list goes on and on. I never should have traded my RAZR for this pos.
27. VZW_blows (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
Yeah, I think cj100750 is right - but the truth remains: We were promised a different experience, and this has been the same old song and dance. No matter who's to blame, we still suffer. Now here's where I differ in opinion with most... I would still suffer with my GN than go back to any of the older phones or even the new RAZR. Every phone has their problems, but this one has been a delight for me. Plus Nova Launcher has made my experience that much brighter... plus, they actually update (lol).
7. bobaliscious1981 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 May 2012)
I got 4.04 at the beginning of the month but I don't know enough about the system to know what changes were made. Maybe the startup is quicker but I don't start it over often. I surely can't tell anything about signal strength. Its still poor.
8. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
signal still drops with 4.0.4 FIX THIS VERIZON WTF!!!
9. aarongzmn (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Mar 2010)
I've been running 4.0.4 for a couple months now.
10. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Same, and with AOKP to add. 4000x better than stock. We have features stock phones 2 years from now will have.
12. aarongzmn (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Mar 2010)
Im running AOKP also. Best thing ever. That plus Nova launcher = best phone ever.
14. TR0LL (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Im running 4.0.4. Its fine, no bugs or anything. Sim-free version,
awaiting for 4.0.5......
15. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
still running 4.0.2, no update available
17. jlp1111 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Let the bulls**t begin. Lets all eat it up like good boys and girls and spend the rest of the hour searching for more release info followed by clicking update on our phone every hour. Dont waste your time. This phone is flawed just like the original iphone and no software update is going to magically resolve this phones reception issues. Wait for the. Samsung s3.
29. VZW_blows (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
I don't know about you, but the update was there when I woke up. Little later than expected, but there nonetheless. Patience is a virtue.
18. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
@jlp1111- I totally agree with you. If I don't recieve an update to 4.0.4 I'm going to cancel my contract with Verizon and go back to pre-paid Virgin Mobile $55 unlimited everything w/ the new HTC Evo V 4G phone they have. Will be saving $612 a year. ICS OS is over rated anyways.
28. VZW_blows (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
Then why are you sitting here complaining? Go! Switch! Save!
20. Droidude (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Jul 2010)
No update yet from Verizon on the Galaxy Nexus....all of the GSM versions and CDMA at Sprint have it. It is beyond ridiculous.
21. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yep, NO update. SO shocking let me tell ya. Last time I buy a Nexus, thanks for all the hype and promises. I would rather have a stable Gingerbread phone than this ICS buggy crap.
22. noiseyDroid (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I DID recieve the OTA update around 3pm EST today.
23. jmremsen (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 May 2012)
It's Tuesday at 6:30pm and i have not received an update to my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I sent an email to Verizon customer service complaining about the lack of update and here is the response I received on 5/16/12:
"Unfortunately, Verizon Wireless does not control when these software updates are released, they are released by the manufacturer. Which means that we here at Verizon are not able to get this update to your phone any faster than the manufacturer allows. There is a software update that is to be released between the middle and end of May, please keep in mind this is subject to change."
No help there.
24. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
It's funny how you get the exact OPPOSITE answer depending on who you contact. The manufacturer or the carrier.
But let me tell ya, it's Verizon. Sprint and AT&T both have updated their android phones multiple times to fix bugs while Verizon is very infamous for slow to no updates.
25. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
Well lets see, its 7:20pm, May 22nd and I haven't recieved any update.So I called Verizon and spoke with a Rep and they said they are not aware of any OTA update for the Nexus and gave me the bull@*#*@ answer that Samsung/Google are responsible for the update...*if* there is one. I'm SO done with this phone. May 31 will be the death of my Nexus!
30. dirtdog1962 (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
I was able to manually check and receive the 4.04 upgrade OTA at 0125 earlier today/June 2nd in the VA Beach, VA Area.