Verizon's Redbox Instant app now available for iOS and Android Beta testers
0. phoneArena 20 Dec 2012, 01:38 posted on
Verizon's Redbox instant is now up in the Google Play Store although the streaming video app will not be functional until next year; for now, you need to be invited by email to take place in the beta test of the site; competing with Netflix, trhe service will be $8 a month for unlimited streaming plus 4 free rentals from a Redbox kiosk...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
uh oh guys...looks like it's not going to work with rooted devices.
3. abeauchamp (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
This app only will work is you phone is not rooted. If the phone is rooted you will get an error: Oops " redboxinstant can't run on this device"
4. blahb (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 May 2012)
No support for root Android users. Oh well, guess I won't be subscribing.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm just gonna wait for the boys at xda to work something out.
6. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Sadly, I understand why they don't allow rooted devices, if your device is rooted then you can exploit the app to record the video file to your device. Smart bas***ds. Hopefully XDA will figure out something soon!