Verizon's Nokia Lumia Icon (929) seems to be on sale in China, no announcement in sight
0. phoneArena 19 Jan 2014, 11:03 posted on
The new Windows Phone 8 handset is priced at $628 in China. Verizon and Nokia haven't confirmed the existence of the Lumia Icon yet, but they might do it soon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This is the perfect device for the majority❕
Awesome software combined with awesome hardware at a great price
That is if you like WP, of course...... I just happen to love WP, so it's all good❕❕
30. corporateJP (Posts: 1185; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Elop's hot tub needs a good cleaning, especially after the all-male orgy held last night.
Get on it.
33. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Junior high❔... Lol❕ What's that supposed to do to me❔. Wow❕
2. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Nokia=ms dont do so well in China.
I think that the Chinese manufacturers are sour on microsoft
then nokia will not have to pay licenses and Chinese manufacturers are forced by microsoft
I wonder how microsoft solve the licenses and make it fair against the Chinese manufacturers.
All manufacturers make their phones in China today, Oppo, Nokia, Sony, LG, ZTE
19. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That might be the smartest thing you've ever said on PA... Good point❕
3. kotan24 (Posts: 18; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Beautiful device indeed, shame the os :( (bummer)
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 840; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Same thing, shame the OS. Hopely hardware quality stays the same after M$ deal.
12. Liveitup (Posts: 225; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
What?, stop the hating, WP is a more beautiful, stable, integrated OS than Android and iOS, because Android is open sourced does not make it better than WP, it just makes it a different variety, all hail choices. You guys are such haters, if it was not for Windows Phone Android and iOS would not have gone with Flat UI, as someone who has used all these platforms over the years I find WP superior to either Android or iOS, the app gap is shrinking.
WP Modern UI has redefined design language from websites, apps and platforms in general, show some respect your favorite smartphone whether it be running Android Kitkat 4.4 and iOS 7 largely owes their looks and deep integration to WP.
14. ihavenoname (Posts: 840; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Hmm... Beautiful is question of taste, I haven't noticed crashing or lag on my Note 3 and integrated, what, you mean Office or what? There is thing called Google Drive, and Quickoffice. "All hail choices", yes we prefer Android. Enjoy your phone, we enjoy ours. And this is not hating, just opinion on phone.
25. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, but don't you think it's kinda rude to say how you hate WP on every WP related article❔ We get it by now... You've made your point...
How would you react if I downed on Android on every Android related article❔ How would I look❔ Why would I even be there❔ Go look back a tell me how many Android specific articles you've seen me on doing that...
How many WP related articles have you done that on❔ Everyone❕... How do you look now❔
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol❕.. Not shame on the OS.. YOU just don't like it, but there's nothing wrong with WP.. Simple solution❔ Go with another platform....
Actually, how much time have you ever spent with WP8❔ We're on WP8-3black now.. This ain't 7.0.. Lol..
I bet you're not even sure if you like it or not, and you're just repeating the typical old comment that you're used to hearing... You should think for yourself, and don't follow the crowd... You're better that that, right❔
4. SandraB (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Why so big bezelz nokia ? you can do better :)
5. Credo (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I want an all aluminium Lumia, like the iPhone 5, i don't like Apple, just saying that i love clean and aluminium phones .... If this phone was aluminium on the back it would be so epic ... And come on Microsoft you have to be faster, soon iOS 8 will launch and Android 4.5/5 and you have only brought us Windows Phone 8.1 -_- Way to slooooooowwww
17. akki20892 (Posts: 2275; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
You wouldn't say like the iPhone. You should say like the N8. N8 is the phone looks gorgeous and heavy durable.
26. Credo (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Yes true, but i meant something very classy, like the iPhone for most of the people is .... I was also thinking why Nokia/Microsoft couldn't get a device with monster specs and wireless charging in a thin chell like the iPhone, i know that is hard but come on it is not impossible :(
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
True, true... It has been said by the WP team that after 8.1 the update cycle will return to the normal 12 month course...
This time around "Cortana" is holding things up.. 8.1, and Cortana, is currently going through at home testing with employees family members, so that says that the OS Is pretty much complete at this time, and that it's going through "refinement"
27. Credo (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I hope so :( But there was a while ago a leaked picture where you saw the homescreen, right an improved app list, above you saw a notification centre, below there was writtin " i am hot and i know everything" if i'm not mistaken and at the left you saw "don't peek" ... Do you think it was a legit picture or a fake one? Because i'm wondering what that "don't peek" should mean .... Very exciting to know what Microsoft will do with that ...
28. Credo (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I meant this picture :p
29. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I missed that one.. I don't know what the heck that is.. Not sure, but that's something Nokia did...
6. papss (Posts: 2868; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Beautiful device and the best OS..what a combo. Vzn needs to get on the move right away
7. Avenger827 (Posts: 46; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Wp is a deal breaker for me, I just can't cope with tiles, widgets are way better.
13. Liveitup (Posts: 225; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I guess you won't be buying any of Samsung newest products see as to how they are all Tiles now.
15. ihavenoname (Posts: 840; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It seems that they are only going to use it on tablets. And ever heard of replacement launchers (Apex/Nova/Go etc.)?
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Why can't you cope with tiles❔
And, why are widgets better❔ They're not available for every single app in the Google store,,, or am I wrong about that❔
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 840; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Only if Nokia Normandy had specs/hardware like this... 100% impossible, would be total bloodpath to Windows Phone.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5152; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How does a VZW-branded phone get sold in China (or, anywhere outside of the U.S.)? Does the L929 have global GSM support?
16. Florin.T (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
Yes, it appears that it does have global GSM and HSDPA support. Just like the older Lumia 928.
11. GoBears (Posts: 277; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I have the 928 as a backup phone when I need to take a lot of good photos. One of my favorite things about it was the xenon flash and the colors it produced. I can't believe they got rid of that!
32. Rockbottom (Posts: 14; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I do the same thing. I take my 928 out on the town when I go out, and leave my Note 3 at home. I sense people are more akin to stealing my Samsung than my Nokia but i take more pictures with my Nokia than my Samsung.
31. Rockbottom (Posts: 14; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I really liked my 928. I'm kind of jazzed for this device.
34. Avenger827 (Posts: 46; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
It's just my personal opinion @rodneyej1, I like android better because of it's rich customization options. Anyway, let's not turn it into a fanboy war.
Btw, you're a wp user, aren't you?
35. bakarock (Posts: 37; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
WTF with the 2,420 mAh battery... SHOULD be the same as L1520 as a high end device..