Verizon's Motorola XOOM is making the jump to Android 4.0 ICS starting on June 4
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Jun 2012, 14:58
Verizon announced the wonderful news today, as they give us the concrete date of Monday, June 4th as being the day ICS will become available to the tablet. In addition to all the cool features that we find with the most up-to-date version of Android, Verizon’s beauty will also...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roscuthiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:20 1 1
Well dip me in sour cream and call me a taco, I never thought I'd see ICS on a XOOM!
3. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:28 0 0
really? you never thought you'd see ICS on a Google Experience Device? :P
6. roscuthiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:35 1 1
Not from an (semi)older device using service from Verizon, they're not yet proven to be gratuitous enough with updates.
Plus, I think you missed my subtle ribbing of a well known site naysayer of all things Google... perhaps too subtle.
9. Sniggly posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:42 0 1
I didn't miss it. ;)
10. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:46 0 0
yeah, because Verizon is such a big, bad bully and won't let Google update their version of a product that's been running ICS for months. xD
hm, must have. :P
16. Mxyzptlk posted on 02 Jun 2012, 02:15 0 1
Only seven months later. Such a quick and timely update.
5. Droid4Life posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:31 0 0
FE? As in foto editor? By the way, I can spell photo.
11. KingKurogiii posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:48 0 0
if you can spell photo then you must have known from the start that was a dumb guess. it's for Family Edition, the XOOM: Family Edition.
4. gallitoking posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:30 0 2
well pluck up all my feathers and call me a duster.... I never thought I will see a Xoom owner
7. petermania posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:37 1 0
I love my xoom....underrated tablet if u ask me
8. Sniggly posted on 01 Jun 2012, 15:37 1 1
Aaand here is a perfect example of carrier interference in Android updates. The wifi only XOOM got ICS in December. The exact same tablet, albeit with an extra radio, gets the same update seven months later.
15. mynameisfyl posted on 02 Jun 2012, 01:12 0 0
EXACTLY...I was wondering what all the hubub was about as I've had ICS on it for ages.
12. Harold1066 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 16:51 0 0
Very nice, now we just need to see ICS on more devices. I love CM9 Alpha on my Touchpad.
13. ankrul2004 posted on 01 Jun 2012, 18:17 0 0
My Xoom is the 3G/4G model but is currently being used as a WiFi device only since it is NOT connected with Big Red data plan. Will I still get the update?
14. imkyle posted on 01 Jun 2012, 19:38 0 0
You should be able to. I would imagine it will be OTA and if you're on WiFi or Big Red's service, it shouldn't make a difference.
19. jphillips63 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 10:09 0 0
This isn't much of a surprise this tablet has been the worse purchase I've ever made and dealing with Moto I now understand why. Broken promises from day one when this was launched and then it was just a half baked product. The Xoom is old news and history there are much better tablets out there today and for half the cost to boot.
20. Skidro13 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 14:33 0 0
i acctually really love my xoom. my mistake was buying a verizon device and expecting fast updates