Verizon's Infocenter reveals an illusion-the Samsung Illusion, to be precise
0. phoneArena 09 Nov 2011, 22:02 posted on
The latest Samsung device to be listed on Verizon's Infocenter is an illusion-the Samsung Illusion and the illusion here is LTE which disappears from the phone to reveal a low to mid-end 3G only handset launching with Android 2.3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
First. Wow, so they're pulling Android phones out the magic hat now? No wonder the market is becoming saturated left and right and why Android phones have a lower resale value than the iPhone.
4. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
It really depends on the handset. Phones like the Nexus S still have a very large resell value. Hell even the Nexus one has a better resell value than the iPhone 3GS
2. maxkobi (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
dude...wtf...why even bother haha the current free phones are better
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5427; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's too low-end. it would've been nice if it was a candy bar version of the Captivate Glyde.
6. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The phone is probably gonna Free to $50 on contract.
11. Scuba_Steve (Posts: 79; Member since: 16 Oct 2011)
Exactly, apparently people don't get that. This is pretty much the poor mans smartphone.
It's similar to the Vortex but with better specs. The Vortex/ Gem/ Ally were all s**tty free or close to free phones.
There's a lot of people who still expect free phones with their upgrades or new acts. So this is what they get.
7. Joshing4fun (Posts: 960; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
How many Galaxy-S-like phone does Verizon need? This is like their 5th all with very small differences. The only difference here is the smaller crappy screen.
12. BuckeyeCadet86 (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
They don't currently sell 5 Galaxy S-like phones. The Fascinate and Contiuum have been discontinued and are only available as refurbs and in agent stores that need to unload them. There is only the Stratosphere (an actual Galaxy S phone) the Droid Charge and this one. The Droid Charge is under the Droid Brand so really just this one and the Stratosphere, they passed on the GSII, remember?
13. refrigerate_me (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
kudos to VZW.. a lot of strong phones and mid range ones that are scheduled to be released as well for att.. but for the yellow now .. after the devils fruit release still nothing to match the competition... shame shame
14. username (Posts: 25; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
its a samsung sratosphere with no qwerty keyboard.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5427; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
with a lower resolution screen and no SA. probably a badder camera too.
15. corporateJP (Posts: 915; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I don\'t think it\'s 4G.
They need a better entry-level LTE phone than the Pantech Breakout.
17. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Pretty soon the Bionic will be their entry-level LTE phone.
Seriously though, I don't expect any of the big 3 manufacturers to offer a new sub-$200 LTE phone on Verizon. They'll make more profit keeping older models like the Tbolt and Charge as their entry/midrange.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5427; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Bionic will be high-end as long as the Razr, Nexus & Rezound will be. the Bionic is more powerful than the Rezound, the Nexus and the Razr are only a smidgen more powerful than the Bionic.