Verizon's HTC One to come with Android 4.2.2 out of the box; 32GB model on the way
0. phoneArena 16 Aug 2013, 12:42 posted on
Verizon spokesman Albert Aydin sent out a tweet Friday morning to add to the announcement about the August 22nd launch date for Verizon's version of the HTC One; while other U.S. models are powered by Android 4.1.2, Aydin confirms that that Big Red's variant of the device will come with Android 4.2.2 under the hood...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If this true, then HTC One users wouldn't have to wait until December for an update. At least they're doing something right.
2. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
Only one it's one in the world one is the one
8. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its not the only One, HTC has flooded the market with "One" labled devices like the One S, One V and One X.
24. amats69 (Posts: 1365; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Htc releases only 4 devices with "one" name.. It is no match to the galaxy phones that we can identify only with the size of the screens. Lol
3. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
I thought there were only 32 and 64GB! 16GB?!
5. flasc17 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Get it together, PhoneArena. There IS a word on when the 32GB model will be launched.
Per Mr. Aydin's tweets: "i can confirm 32GB model for $199.99 on contract. No SD card slot is correct."
6. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Phonearena is getting heavily 'subsidised' by Koreans lately.
Fact: htc one 32 gb silver with android 4.2.2 $199 from Verizon 22 of August.
9. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Don't blame Koreans, just because Samsung is kicking HTC's butt. If HTC wants to do better, then outwork them rather than feeling sorry for yourselves and pout.
10. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Is this what u understood from my comment plastic boy ?!
7. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Not sure what's going on here but I'll pass on a 16gb model.
18. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
There will be NO 16gb in the HTC One. It will be 32 gb for Verizon. The 64GB exclusive for AT&T
12. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
OK i am all for buying the HTC One for 200$ but for 16GB? That has to be a critical error and wrong. Verizon would definitely be making a huge mistake at that point there's no way that's true
19. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
As I sai8d above. The HTC One did not make a 16gb for the US. Verizon will get the 32gb. The 64 gb is exclusive for AT&T No carrier in the US will get a 16gb HTC One.
13. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I thought HTC didn't make a 16GB model? One of the great things about this phone was that it started at 32GB, which I think is a must now-a-days.
14. btbotimtim (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
199? sprint is selling it at less than half!!!
17. RomeoJDR (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
If Verizon has reached the point of arrogance where they feel they not only can charge more for service, but charge the same price for the same phone as its competitors with half the storage 4 months late then that is it for me. Regardless, whether or not I had planned to get the One. Especially when the phone is marked down at least half for other competitors. If they want to sell it for flagship prices then they better release it with the S800 processor to match the others soon to be coming to market.
23. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you're right. verizon is arrogant. because they can be. withat least five brand new smartphones coming out in the next two months, do you REALLY think they need to cater to anyone? having the best network and coverage has it's perks, no matter what you may think. it's amazing to me how consumers like to gripe about pricing. if you don't like the price, don't buy it. it's that simple.
20. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
RomeoJDR it's not that Verizon is aggorant and can charge more , Verizon is NOT doing this. It's simple what some people who don't like Verizon say about the company. I take such with a grain of salt.
21. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Just to be clear: THERE IS NO HTC ONE COMING WITH 16GB OF STORAGE. THat my friends doesn't exist. Phonearena is messing up, he confirmed 32 GB NOT 16.
22. mikewillz (Posts: 50; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Hope this means the Droid DNA will get an update to sense 5 and 4.2.