Verizon's HTC Merge is going on sale today, but only through third-party distribution
0. phoneArena posted on 12 May 2011, 10:35
Well, the wait is finally over, and we really mean that it’s well beyond overdue, but Verizon’s HTC Merge is finally going on sale starting today – albeit, don’t go trotting into your local Verizon store expecting to see it there...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jogutier posted on 12 May 2011, 10:58 0 4
Nothing new here. Verizon likes screwing their customers and past it down to their employees'. :(
2. fleanote posted on 12 May 2011, 10:58 0 0
Not many slide-out QWERTY's in Big Red's lineup, this maybe worth a look. I am dying to upgrade and need a QWERTY from verizon desperately. Call me foolish, but the N8 might be my dream phone on Big Red...if only I was willing to wait until Xmas 2011 or beyond.
3. mr. droid posted on 12 May 2011, 11:45 2 0
same with the samsung gem. i see it available at walmart when i go there but its nowhere to be seen at a verizon store or on the verizon web site. whats the deal here?
13. AAABall posted on 12 May 2011, 22:11 0 0
Walmart has the LG Clout, too, another phone that would have sold well if Verizon released it. I guess Walmart is the Land of Misfit Toys!
4. skymitch89 posted on 12 May 2011, 13:36 0 0
I've looked on Verizon, BestBuy, and Walmart; and I haven't seen anything that deals with the HTC Merge.
8. jmiles (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 20:42 0 0
I agree, I have looked at the places
5. Droidlover (unregistered) posted on 12 May 2011, 14:15 0 0
The HTC Merge has been out for a while with Alltel, the Samsung Gem as well! Both phones were released on alltel's line-up 1st. I guess they wanted to give alltel some new phones 1st for once.
6. Su-Rio posted on 12 May 2011, 16:48 0 0
i wish sprint's htc evo shift was global capable.... and a larger screen at 3.8", and front facing camera... = dream phone (even with 800mhz processor :( )
12. AAABall posted on 12 May 2011, 22:05 0 0
It's a shame, this could have been a nice phone for Verizon's line up if it came out sooner.
18. cthunder posted on 13 May 2011, 14:03 0 0
It still is .... Let's face it a lot of users want a physical kybd. And the only options from VZW are the DINC, DINC2 and the LG Ally. Also not everyone wants or has a need for the latest and greatest with all the bells and whistles.
20. celljrod posted on 13 May 2011, 14:15 0 0
DINC and DINC2 are full touch, the only Android slideout's that VZW has currently are the Droid 2, LG Ally and now the Merge
21. cthunder posted on 14 May 2011, 05:46 0 0
Oops my bad, I meant Droid 1 and Droid 2. Good looking out.
14. ILikeBubbles posted on 12 May 2011, 23:21 0 0
Sorry everyone who wants a slide-out keyboard, but who would want to *upgrade* to all of a 600MHz processor? ive had the HTC Droid Eris since about september of two years ago and am still waiting for a decent replacement. i had hoped it would be the Merge but they let me down with the processor. (that and i don't like qwerty keyboards but that's just me xD)
16. Lucas777 posted on 12 May 2011, 23:35 0 0
agreed... 600mhz? this phone is basically the original droid...
19. cthunder posted on 13 May 2011, 14:14 0 0
Haha! Both of you guys are clueless. If off the it doesn't come with 600MHZ Processor. It has the same 2nd Generation 800MHZ Processor as the EVO Shift 4g. G2 and the Galaxy S series. Meaning it's faster than the orginal Droid and will be just a step behind the DINC2.
15. vantenkiest posted on 12 May 2011, 23:32 0 0
i find it interesting that it doesnt have the verizon brand on it. i didnt see it in the pics.
17. Elisha (unregistered) posted on 13 May 2011, 13:08 0 0
Has anyone seen the phone on any site? I havent seen it anywhere... I really want this phone!
24. wheresthemerge? (unregistered) posted on 21 May 2011, 20:42 0 0
I've been looking for this phone since this was announced... I've called best buy, its in the system but not the warehouse. I even called verizon and asked and was told that the htc merge is NOT a verizon phone. I then went to a verizon store and they told me that they see that is will be a phone available, but no date. i would really like this phone, so if anyone has any info on where i can actually get one that would be great :)
26. cthunder posted on 24 May 2011, 15:05 0 0
Saw the HTC Merge listed in the Best Buy Buyer's Guide for June. So it should be there sometime this week. Since the listing states from May 22nd to June 25th.
Look at the bottom right of the ad
27. loyalt (unregistered) posted on 27 Jun 2011, 12:46 0 0
I've been waiting since February for this phone and even though it said May 12, it is really no where to be found on Verizon 3rd party sellers. A lot of people want a full qwerty real keyboard and don't like the touch keyboards. This will be a great phone...they just need to release it!!!! Anyone know when?
28. Merge owner! (unregistered) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 20:42 0 0
I bought one today! Very glad to get it! I'm sure I'll be very happy with it. And they just arrive in the Verizon's Stores!