Verizon's Galaxy S3 Jellybean update now live
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Dec 2012, 11:39
The long-awaited Jeally Bean update is now pushing out to Verizon Galaxy S III owners...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Krucial_Konflict posted on 14 Dec 2012, 11:44 2 0
Rule The Air! Finally a treat I've been awaiting.
2. jeroome86 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 11:47 0 0
Wonder when HTC One x might get a update? Comes little earlier the S3.
Hurry up att and HTC
11. molanjames posted on 14 Dec 2012, 13:21 1 0
I updated my sgs3 to 4.1 jelly bean by following this tutorial
21. CellieCell posted on 14 Dec 2012, 23:58 0 0
not to rain on anyone's parade but jelly bean makes the phone feel slow! anyone else experiencing this?
I always do a factory reset to make sure any of the apps aren't having any conflicts with an upgraded os.
the notification panel isn't as smooth and internet doesn't feel improved. camera quality for low lighting seems a bit improved. those are the only things I've noticed so far. but instantly my user experience doesn't feel the same.
27. mrdannyk99 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 10:11 0 0
The only problem with my updated GS3 is that the keyboard typing is laggy.
5. mrvid posted on 14 Dec 2012, 11:50 5 1
Bout damn time Verizon! Sprint whipped your ass on this one! Oh wait!! All the carriers did! So much for being number 1. Slackers!!
6. Cerberusa2a posted on 14 Dec 2012, 12:05 4 0
updating as we speak...only 3 months after everyone else. Way to be verizon
8. Droid_X_Doug posted on 14 Dec 2012, 12:52 0 0
So far, my GS III hasn't received the update. Even tried manually requesting the update. VZW tech support said they are rolling out the update to groups of users. No matter as I have my Note II with JB.
10. cripton805 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 13:15 0 0
Thats how it goes. I got the ICS update 3 weeks late on Verizon. Everyone else had it on their Razr before I did. -_-
13. Droid_X_Doug posted on 14 Dec 2012, 15:01 1 0
Your ICS experience is almost the same as mine was. I think I finally got ICS on my RAZR around the 4th week after the official release. This time around, I am having JB courtesy of my Note II. :-)
14. cripton805 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 15:04 0 0
I don't like how you can't just go on their website and manually push it to your phone. I know it's probably a server thing, but how many people would actually know about it? Your average Joe would just wait for the push. Give the people that want it on day one the option to have it on day one.
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 14 Dec 2012, 15:20 0 0
I couldn't agree with you more. The explanation I got from VZW tech support when I called them about not being able to manually update to ICS was that they were managing the roll-out in case there were any errors, the recovery wouldn't become a mess. My response was that they wouldn't have rolled out the update if they didn't think it was ready to roll out, but by then we weren't having a terribly objective conversation. It is what it is. Which was another reason for my decision to get the Note II. :-)
9. Vince805 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 12:59 1 0
I got mine a hour or so ago. its about freaking time!!!!!!!
12. KingKurogiii posted on 14 Dec 2012, 14:53 1 0
my sister got it as soon as she checked the first time. my dad however is happily rocking CleanROM. now everybody in my family is rocking 4.1+. ;D
19. Basicallyevolve posted on 14 Dec 2012, 19:49 0 0
i got mine this morning at 9:00 am PST. Woot woot
20. tehalley posted on 14 Dec 2012, 20:34 0 0
It is like getting a new phone, so much faster!!!
22. belovedson posted on 15 Dec 2012, 02:53 0 0
i for one do not plan on upgrading. heavy users - hows the battery life compared to ice cream.
24. rb68 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 09:20 0 0
And how much undeleteable VZW branded bloat and crapware comes attached?
26. justme posted on 17 Dec 2012, 06:44 0 0
Searched for update, it came up, spent 10 minutes or so in the download process only to be notified "download unavailable". Guess there's no line-jumping for jelly beans!
28. Krucial_Konflict posted on 18 Dec 2012, 08:36 0 0
Now that I have had a few days of the tasty treat Verizon finally allowed, The OS is awesome by far! my tentative complaint is the battery life it savages. I lost 4% as I am writing this passage. Anyone else having this problem or am I running to many programs?
29. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Dec 2012, 14:25 0 0
maybe you have a memory leak. do you ever turn your phone off or clear the RAM? i'll restart my MAXX HD every couple of days just to clear the cache.
30. justme posted on 19 Dec 2012, 06:12 0 0
Now that I've had it a couple of days, I've noticed battery drain too--not wiped out by the end of the day, but definitely much more than it was using on ICS. I do turn it off from time to time though...is it due to Google Now?