Verizon's Galaxy S3 Jellybean update now live
You can find out more information on the update here, and if you’re a Verizon GS3 owner, let us know if you’ve received your update yet!
image source: Droid-Life
1. Krucial_Konflict (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Rule The Air! Finally a treat I've been awaiting.
2. jeroome86 (Posts: 61; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Wonder when HTC One x might get a update? Comes little earlier the S3.
Hurry up att and HTC
11. molanjames (Posts: 64; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
I updated my sgs3 to 4.1 jelly bean by following this tutorial
21. CellieCell (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
not to rain on anyone's parade but jelly bean makes the phone feel slow! anyone else experiencing this?
I always do a factory reset to make sure any of the apps aren't having any conflicts with an upgraded os.
the notification panel isn't as smooth and internet doesn't feel improved. camera quality for low lighting seems a bit improved. those are the only things I've noticed so far. but instantly my user experience doesn't feel the same.
27. mrdannyk99 (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
The only problem with my updated GS3 is that the keyboard typing is laggy.
5. mrvid (Posts: 75; Member since: 02 Oct 2008)
Bout damn time Verizon! Sprint whipped your ass on this one! Oh wait!! All the carriers did! So much for being number 1. Slackers!!
6. Cerberusa2a (Posts: 33; Member since: 24 May 2012)
updating as we speak...only 3 months after everyone else. Way to be verizon
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5610; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
So far, my GS III hasn't received the update. Even tried manually requesting the update. VZW tech support said they are rolling out the update to groups of users. No matter as I have my Note II with JB.
10. cripton805 (Posts: 913; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Thats how it goes. I got the ICS update 3 weeks late on Verizon. Everyone else had it on their Razr before I did. -_-
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5610; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Your ICS experience is almost the same as mine was. I think I finally got ICS on my RAZR around the 4th week after the official release. This time around, I am having JB courtesy of my Note II. :-)
14. cripton805 (Posts: 913; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I don't like how you can't just go on their website and manually push it to your phone. I know it's probably a server thing, but how many people would actually know about it? Your average Joe would just wait for the push. Give the people that want it on day one the option to have it on day one.
15. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5610; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I couldn't agree with you more. The explanation I got from VZW tech support when I called them about not being able to manually update to ICS was that they were managing the roll-out in case there were any errors, the recovery wouldn't become a mess. My response was that they wouldn't have rolled out the update if they didn't think it was ready to roll out, but by then we weren't having a terribly objective conversation. It is what it is. Which was another reason for my decision to get the Note II. :-)
9. Vince805 (Posts: 21; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
I got mine a hour or so ago. its about freaking time!!!!!!!
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
my sister got it as soon as she checked the first time. my dad however is happily rocking CleanROM. now everybody in my family is rocking 4.1+. ;D
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
droid inc 4g lte come one verizon com on!
19. Basicallyevolve (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
i got mine this morning at 9:00 am PST. Woot woot
20. tehalley (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
It is like getting a new phone, so much faster!!!
22. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i for one do not plan on upgrading. heavy users - hows the battery life compared to ice cream.
24. rb68 (Posts: 27; Member since: 23 Apr 2010)
And how much undeleteable VZW branded bloat and crapware comes attached?
26. justme (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Searched for update, it came up, spent 10 minutes or so in the download process only to be notified "download unavailable". Guess there's no line-jumping for jelly beans!
28. Krucial_Konflict (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Now that I have had a few days of the tasty treat Verizon finally allowed, The OS is awesome by far! my tentative complaint is the battery life it savages. I lost 4% as I am writing this passage. Anyone else having this problem or am I running to many programs?
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe you have a memory leak. do you ever turn your phone off or clear the RAM? i'll restart my MAXX HD every couple of days just to clear the cache.
30. justme (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Now that I've had it a couple of days, I've noticed battery drain too--not wiped out by the end of the day, but definitely much more than it was using on ICS. I do turn it off from time to time though...is it due to Google Now?