Verizon will out a Windows Phone 8 Nokia this year, confirms Bloomberg, we cross fingers for the PureView tech
0. phoneArena 22 Aug 2012, 02:53 posted on
Bloomberg has confirmed from its sources that Verizon is planning to have a Windows Phone 8 device made by Nokia in its portfolio this year, most likely in time for the holidays. While Verizon isn't going to be a part of the big Microsoft/Nokia event September 5, the source said, the handset will have a separate release later on in Q4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Nookie4u (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
PureView + WP8, win win!!
And let the poor jealous haters thumb us down xD
2. HTCFreak (Posts: 150; Member since: 17 Jul 2010)
I think everybody would love this acutally :p this would be just AWESOME! :D
22. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and the android nation with samsung as the king will now go down... nokia for the win!!!
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I would definitely take a good look at a PureView WP8 device. o:
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5768; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If the phone offers a mix of features like what is mentioned, I would definitely give it a serious look as well. Maybe MS and Nokia get to critical mass with WP8? The combination of features might be the final nail in RIMs coffin, coming in 4Q2012 (when WP8's increase was supposed to intersect with RIM's decline)....
4. karas (Posts: 35; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Hope Samsung and Sony have something to compete purview
24. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well actually...sony might be... its been years that nokia and sony's rivalry to be the best camera phone ever!!!
samsung makes terrible phone!!! and camera
5. karas (Posts: 35; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Why Why Nokia ?? Why didn't you choose android .. why ??
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I actually like that Microsoft has such a solid proponent now. it'll help them catch up.
8. karas (Posts: 35; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
No doubt WP8 will be good. But its closed OS. You will get bored of it in days.
Android is Open. custom ROMS,custom Kernels,Dual boots,Cutom UIs,Overclockings..
Android + Purview should be Awesome :)
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5596; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
lol, I think I could figure out for myself if it's something I'd want. xD
16. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
The thing is that with WP8 you dont need any custom roms, because everything runs perfectly out of the box, besides that, it shares the same Windows NT kernel (Native code), which means there will be lots of cool stuff coming in the near future.
Can you guys imagine Diablo 3 ported to WP8/W8????? That'd be awesome!!!
25. jtech (Posts: 101; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Nokia+android=NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN
Android fanboys rage at the truth. WP FTW!!
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
nokia will choose meego with google play instead
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5768; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Why is that? Nokia has 'bet-the-farm' on WP8.
11. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Nokia's phones are great but their high-end ones are over-priced IMO, considering they pack almost the same hardware as their midrangers.
17. -box- (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
How are they overpriced? There's about a $250 range between the Lumia 610 ($250 I think?) and the 900 ($450-500), with the 710 right in the middle ($350). Granted the 808 PureView was almost $700 when it came out, but that's a niche product.
27. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Not talking about the 808 at all, the camera is alone worth the $600 or lesser it sells at in India. I'm talking about the launch prices though
15. Dunknown (Posts: 81; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Ooh. Here comes Nokia phone which open the door for Nokia to compete with other phone manufacturer. Hope nokia will gain its crown from Samsung as soon as possible. Go Nokia!
18. redmd (Posts: 888; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I think WP 8 will be standardized just like WP 7. So it's the same WP experience on different manufacturers. I think that's boring. But then again for the average users it is not. I just hope WP 8 won't be a battery hog like Android.
20. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
No, it's not. WP is more battery efficient than Android, better optimization.
19. fiebor (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
i love Nokia go Nokia go pureview smooth wp8 win win win win win.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6463; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
See Verizon keeps getting all the good damn phones. while AT&T gets a crappy NOKIA LUMINA. I will NOT buy a NOKIA phone with out PUREVIEW ON AT&T
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i wish it will be a 4 gamer competiton... Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BlackBerry... it would be really nice..
i really dont know why people hate BB so much... they are awesome... but BB7 is just not that cool anymore...but BB10 will change that...
there are also more coming in the competition the Full linux Jolla, mozilla's FireFox OS, OPEN webOS!!!!
it would be a blast!