Verizon version of Samsung GALAXY Nexus can be yours for $1,200 on eBay
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2011, 23:33 posted on
Who says that you can't buy the Verizon variant of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus? You can pick up the unreleased handset from eBay for the price of $1,200 proving again that the simple economics equation of supply and demand works...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
Someone would have to be sooooo desperate to not wait another week or two. Either that or just rich.
11. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Or just plain stupid to spend that much on a phone, especially one that will probably be about $200 in 6 months because it'll be forgotten among the newer, higher powered android phones.
19. Androidtidbits.com (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Too desperate to spend their money on a test phone.
37. KParks23 (Posts: 627; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
didnt some one spend a crazy amount on call of duty mw3 before it released??? like over $1500 so im sure some dummy will buy this if they have money that back cover looks fishy tho is that inside or outside?
2. imkyle (Posts: 1074; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Who ever spends $1200 for a cell phone needs a psychological evaluation.
4. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
What about extremely well of people, like sports players or CEOs, who have oodles of money to throw at lavish stuff?
38. mooney73 (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
"What about sports players and CEOs who have oodles of money?" Well... for starters people like that tend to devote a lot of time, focus, and energy on practicing the trade through which they earn that money... as opposed to lurking on forums and ebay, pining for an unreleased product with a obtuse name like "Ice Cream Sandwich". When not thinking about or doing work, the more social of that group will be networking, playing golf, or filling hot tubs with hot 20-something models.
It's far more likely that, if it occurs at all, the person completing this transaction will either be an introverted trust-fund kid with little concept of the effort behind earning a dollar... or a tech-geek with too much money burning a hole in his wallet and little else in life to focus on. Just my hunch.
30. Gawain (Posts: 420; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
Does anyone remember the guy that spent something like $17,000 on a BlackBerry Javelin (which became the 8900 Curve I think?)?
31. Vzw_employee (Posts: 42; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
when the iphone 4s came out it sold out in 2 days , I had, 2 32gb whites, I sold them for $1,600 each , and a 64 gb I sold it for $1,900 , even after I sold them people kept calling me ready to pay that much for the phones
3. yooperboogs (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
So you're saying I need an evaluation because I put in a bid? Just Kidding. I'd never actually do that, its just a stupid waste of money.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
What about warranty coverage? If you are not shown as the end purchaser in VZW's sales system, you may be SOL if there is a defect in the unit. My pre-ordered RAZR had a defective LTE radio. A trip to the VZW store, and I was on my way with a replacement.
Why someone would drop $1,200 to be first with a G-Nexus is beyond me.
6. LCpl_vinny (Posts: 8; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I like how the seller states in the description that this phone will not release for another 1-2 months...
"THEY ARE HOLDING OFF RELEASING THIS PHONE TIL MID JAN -FEB NEXT YEAR!!!!"
10. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
the seller put that on there because some idiot would believe it and buy
8. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
i would not pay that much for a phone made out of plastic
9. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
its time to listen to some depressing music. why does verizon hate me?
12. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
If you're going to spend that much on a phone, might as well get an iPhone.
15. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Superior at being a buggy and unstable mess, yeah. Or did you not read PA's recent article about Android lag?
Btw, I know the Android fans are going to thumb this down, so go on ahead and prove me right.
17. jacko (unregistered)
64g is**t in australia here is 1200
so yeah apps that crash every 10mins
im talking about is**t
20. Androidtidbits.com (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
Nah I'll wait. I'm not a fan of iPhones. :p
27. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I think its because of people like you make Android fan's call every iphone users a fool ..
14. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
You could get one of these
Samsung Galaxy 2
Playstation 3 + Games
Xbox 360 + Live Subscription + Games
iPhone 3GS, 4, 4s
Or a High End PC
21. Androidtidbits.com (banned) (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
I bet he didn't really meant to sell the phone, but to tease the shoppers. :P
18. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Nexus was delayed due to Google Ice Sandwich software glitches or other problems. Or Verizon just wanted to sell Moto RAZR the first 2 months.
22. gwendlynette (Posts: 5; Member since: 11 Jun 2011)
While it's true that Verizon never gave a date to release the phone, if this phone isn't released this Thursday, December 15th, I wouldn't hold my breath thinking it will be released before the end of this year! If it's not released by the end of January, I will probably wait for the next big thing!
23. Kmack (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
being that desperate is as stupid as claiming "first" on these threads. I'm willing to wait another week or two to save $900... kthx.
24. ChafedBanana (Posts: 383; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I wouldn't buy it. You have no idea how he got it. I heard there was a store that had all its phones stolen yesterday. Those phones are all now on the lost/stolen list for sure and cannot be activated.