Verizon version of Apple iPhone 5 gets update to repair Wi-Fi issue
0. phoneArena 01 Oct 2012, 00:17 posted on
Apple sent out an update to owners of the Verizon variant of the Apple iPhone 5 that repaired a problem that left users handsets connected to the cellualr network even when Wi-Fi was toggled on; there is some talk that the AT&T version of the phone has a similar bug...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wonder if Apple is going to release a bunch of limited updates rather than send out one large update? Certainly less visibility that way....
3. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
its just another sad day in an Apple customer's life!
What is strange to wonder is how is Apple doing so many wrongs in the year in which they don't have steve jobs?
Is innovation at Apple hit the roof and will they too R.I.P just like steve???
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Wonder why they bother doing this...Just keep all the fixes into one giant update, add another useless feature to Siri and call it iOS 7, Profit...
4. jpjr1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Wonder if this is the patch to stop the unlock to be able to work on USA GSM carriers.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
No. The spectrum that VZW is using for its LTE roll-out is required by the FCC to be free of locks.
6. jpjr1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
oh ok...just thought it was another fancy way to slip a sim lock in the phone.
7. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Based on the articles I have seen, the update is being distributed by Apple (as opposed to VZW). Apple would seem to not have a dog in the fight regarding locked or un-locked SIMs. In any event, the FCC has final say about the matter based on the conditions they have applied to the spectrum involved.