Verizon updates its Equipment Guide; Samsung GALAXY Nexus now scheduled for December 9th launch
0. phoneArena 06 Dec 2011, 22:04 posted on
All of the wondering and worrying can come to an end as the Samsung GALAXY Nexus now has an official Verizon launch date of December 9th; now the only thing missing is the price which we should hear about soon considering that the launch is on Friday...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bossmt_2 (Posts: 449; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I will be ordering it online that day.
26. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
why online? why not just walk into a store?
how fast will this thing sell? i know hype is large in our little world, but it doesnt seem like many 'normal' people know much. i probably cant make it to a store until 4 or 5pm. should i be at all worried?
46. narley (Posts: 357; Member since: 14 May 2009)
So Pissed about this. How long can vzw get away with blatantly screwing their customers? Oh you all a suddenly want to test a device when you allow s**t like lg smartphones thru without blinking.
They're the only carrier that does this, cause they're the only carrier who couldn't care less about customers.
43. androidphan (Posts: 32; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Why order online? Go give someone some commission.
2. androidphan (Posts: 32; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Exciting. This is THE phone. Better than galaxy s2. If you disagree, I'm sorry, you're just wrong.
12. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hey, you edited the comment after I thumbs downed you! I want to thumbs up this one!
25. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Such a pompous attitude to let someone know you thumbed them down.
35. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Good thing nobody on this site gives a flying f**k what your dumb ass thinks.
28. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
are some of you still caught up on that?
please do some research on megapixels vs. camera quality and then check back in.
4. shifu (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I gave up on this phone.......i still want it........but im gonna wait for the nxt ground breaking phone.......guess i'll toss this Droid2 around for a bit more.......i mean if im getting the transformer prime i can just tether of this phone *sighs all i gotta do is believe in what i just said
8. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Droid 2 not for nothing is a solid built phone I'm wait until the phone is out for a few weeks than decide. But I'm not lookin forward to next big thing I learned my lesson from waiting on the sg2 and now this one.
10. shifu (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
But i mean cmon quad core phones is right around the corner...........i feel good about this wait... plus my prime will keep me buzy
14. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Dual cores is probably all you will really need. Quad cores aren't even fully utilized on desktops unless you are doing something heavily multi-threaded.
16. shifu (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
DUDE this is a America who cares.....I don't care if they boast about putting a hexacore in the phone and the OS utilized only 2 core......We gonna want it. Power in my hands i wanna feel it!
21. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I can name quite a few reasons why quad cores are nice to have on the desktop. Anti virus software is process intensive, with only dual core if you are doing more than one thing and anti virus software is running then you are going to see some lag. For games, games are starting to support quads. Proper web browsers can thread load things. Also if you can power manage it, quad cores can run at lower voltage, which means less power, when running single and dual threaded operations.
29. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
its not even a month late to launch.
you might see quad core shortly, but not that shortly. and whatever device it is on wont see google support like the galaxy nexus. for right now, there is no mistaking that this is a very smart buy.
38. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
so many .....'s are you secretly that stupid chicken playing sides?
6. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
This giant phone is not fitting everyone palm and pocket, this is why iPhone stay on the same size for life.
33. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
15. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
A phone that fits comfortably in a pocket is not on everyone's checklist. Sorry...
30. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
you must be a very tiny person or wear very tight pants.
9. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
I signed to receive updates about the phone both on google and verizons site didn't receive nada yet lol
11. FAW-Q (Posts: 63; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
I feel bad for the people buying this phone. Each and every one of you guys are going to be lusting for a quad-core phone within months after purchasing this phone.
13. shifu (Posts: 44; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
yup yup. Its the nxt ground breaking step for mobile computing nxt to quad core tablets..........which is in 2 WEEKS!