Verizon updates its Equipment Guide; Samsung GALAXY Nexus now scheduled for December 9th launch
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:04
All of the wondering and worrying can come to an end as the Samsung GALAXY Nexus now has an official Verizon launch date of December 9th; now the only thing missing is the price which we should hear about soon considering that the launch is on Friday...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
26. ayephoner posted on 07 Dec 2011, 05:44 1 0
why online? why not just walk into a store?
how fast will this thing sell? i know hype is large in our little world, but it doesnt seem like many 'normal' people know much. i probably cant make it to a store until 4 or 5pm. should i be at all worried?
46. narley posted on 09 Dec 2011, 07:53 0 0
So Pissed about this. How long can vzw get away with blatantly screwing their customers? Oh you all a suddenly want to test a device when you allow s**t like lg smartphones thru without blinking.
They're the only carrier that does this, cause they're the only carrier who couldn't care less about customers.
43. androidphan posted on 07 Dec 2011, 23:46 0 0
Why order online? Go give someone some commission.
2. androidphan posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:22 5 1
Exciting. This is THE phone. Better than galaxy s2. If you disagree, I'm sorry, you're just wrong.
12. terabyteRouser posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:56 2 0
Hey, you edited the comment after I thumbs downed you! I want to thumbs up this one!
25. The_Miz posted on 07 Dec 2011, 03:51 1 10
Such a pompous attitude to let someone know you thumbed them down.
27. ayephoner posted on 07 Dec 2011, 05:44 8 0
miz, i just thumbed you down.
35. iamcc posted on 07 Dec 2011, 10:44 2 1
Good thing nobody on this site gives a flying f**k what your dumb ass thinks.
42. narley posted on 07 Dec 2011, 18:04 0 0
I did the same, the miz = moron
28. ayephoner posted on 07 Dec 2011, 05:45 1 0
are some of you still caught up on that?
please do some research on megapixels vs. camera quality and then check back in.
4. shifu posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:27 2 2
I gave up on this phone.......i still want it........but im gonna wait for the nxt ground breaking phone.......guess i'll toss this Droid2 around for a bit more.......i mean if im getting the transformer prime i can just tether of this phone *sighs all i gotta do is believe in what i just said
8. warlockz posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:42 2 0
Droid 2 not for nothing is a solid built phone I'm wait until the phone is out for a few weeks than decide. But I'm not lookin forward to next big thing I learned my lesson from waiting on the sg2 and now this one.
10. shifu posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:47 1 0
But i mean cmon quad core phones is right around the corner...........i feel good about this wait... plus my prime will keep me buzy
14. terabyteRouser posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:58 1 1
Dual cores is probably all you will really need. Quad cores aren't even fully utilized on desktops unless you are doing something heavily multi-threaded.
16. shifu posted on 06 Dec 2011, 23:03 5 2
DUDE this is a America who cares.....I don't care if they boast about putting a hexacore in the phone and the OS utilized only 2 core......We gonna want it. Power in my hands i wanna feel it!
21. iankellogg posted on 06 Dec 2011, 23:21 0 0
I can name quite a few reasons why quad cores are nice to have on the desktop. Anti virus software is process intensive, with only dual core if you are doing more than one thing and anti virus software is running then you are going to see some lag. For games, games are starting to support quads. Proper web browsers can thread load things. Also if you can power manage it, quad cores can run at lower voltage, which means less power, when running single and dual threaded operations.
29. ayephoner posted on 07 Dec 2011, 05:47 1 0
its not even a month late to launch.
you might see quad core shortly, but not that shortly. and whatever device it is on wont see google support like the galaxy nexus. for right now, there is no mistaking that this is a very smart buy.
38. EclipseGSX posted on 07 Dec 2011, 12:15 0 0
so many .....'s are you secretly that stupid chicken playing sides?
6. som posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:33 0 11
This giant phone is not fitting everyone palm and pocket, this is why iPhone stay on the same size for life.
15. terabyteRouser posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:59 0 0
A phone that fits comfortably in a pocket is not on everyone's checklist. Sorry...
30. ayephoner posted on 07 Dec 2011, 05:48 1 0
you must be a very tiny person or wear very tight pants.
9. warlockz posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:43 2 0
I signed to receive updates about the phone both on google and verizons site didn't receive nada yet lol
11. FAW-Q posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:50 1 3
I feel bad for the people buying this phone. Each and every one of you guys are going to be lusting for a quad-core phone within months after purchasing this phone.
13. shifu posted on 06 Dec 2011, 22:56 0 0
yup yup. Its the nxt ground breaking step for mobile computing nxt to quad core tablets..........which is in 2 WEEKS!
31. ayephoner posted on 07 Dec 2011, 05:57 0 0
i dont think we'll see serious improvement in functionality for sometime after their launch though.
that is unless you are a serious multitasker on your phone.
with LTE, dual core 1.2ghz, no one is going to be hard up for speed with this phone.
32. jkapster posted on 07 Dec 2011, 09:14 0 0
lol...yup, and then i'll just sell the SGN and get the next new thing, like i did my Droid 1 to get the Droid X, Droid X to get the SGS, SGS to get the SGS2, and now SGS2 to get get the SGN plus my contract is up! Whatever it is my cost will be offset by selling my old phone, it works well you should try it! ;)
17. TBrown123 posted on 06 Dec 2011, 23:05 1 1
I (and I assume many others) are tired of waiting for the next phone to come out.. So I have been looking at this phone for some time now and I am going to follow through with getting it. Good luck to anyone waiting for the next phone to come out because you're going to hear about the next 39270523-core phone and just wait for that...and continue to wait forever. Also good luck with the battery life on a quad-core phone with 4g, its bad enough as is and I can't see it getting any better within 4 months.
18. shifu posted on 06 Dec 2011, 23:11 0 0
well u raise a good point....the battle of core has only begun. Intel and i pray to god the AMD joins this arms race. These Vets deff are thinking about speed, size, gpu, and bat life.......just wait. I will def deal with Verizon's BullS (similar to this nexus fiasco) for the first quad core phone. then thats when the real battle begins.
19. readingthissh1t posted on 06 Dec 2011, 23:12 0 0
WEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIENDS!
20. ChafedBanana posted on 06 Dec 2011, 23:17 0 4
That's why you'll wanna carry a stack of spare batteries in your pocket so you can just pop a fresh one in every 2 hours.
39. EclipseGSX posted on 07 Dec 2011, 12:18 0 0
this isn't an iPhone 4S, oh wait you cant even remove that battery guess you're screwed :P
22. CRICKETownz posted on 06 Dec 2011, 23:22 1 0
after seein one up close...i'm seriously considering giving up my iPhone for this beast. thin, quality, no manufacturer overlays...the camera quality is ridiculous + 4G. the pricing will be the determining factor.
24. TBrown123 posted on 07 Dec 2011, 00:47 0 0
Im sayin $300 :/ the early $200 rumor seemed to good to be true...
23. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 07 Dec 2011, 00:10 0 0
Kinda bummed out that even the Verizon version will have the headphone jack on the bottom instead of the front. Call me picky but I can't stand that. I wish the RAZR had a 720p display and ics.
37. iamcc posted on 07 Dec 2011, 10:46 0 1
Whoa whoa whoa... the headphone jack is on the bottom? Why the f**k?
For how much i've been reading about this phone i'm surprised I missed that...
40. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 07 Dec 2011, 12:29 0 1
Yep, nothing is on the top, USB and headphone jack at the bottom. Watched some YouTube videos on the Verizon lte version and they all show its at the bottom. :(
41. mikerouche posted on 07 Dec 2011, 15:12 0 1
can someone clarify if its a 32gig or 16 gig thats coming out for verizon? ive seen rumors of both, its a little confusing
47. pdub73 posted on 09 Dec 2011, 09:05 0 0
just came from my local retailer...NO NEXUS...and they don't know when they can sell it...