Verizon tweets an image of their LG G2
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2013, 01:00 posted on
Verizon announced via their Twitter page the LG G2 with a 5.2 inch HD display is coming soon to America's largest 4G LTE network. As well as posting a picture of the device - full of Verizon branding on the front and rear.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Dr.Phil (Posts: 912; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Yes because everyone that wants an LG G2 wants all of those Verizon logos plastered everywhere and an ugly redesign of the back. Way to be in tune with your customers, Verizon.
3. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Wooowww... I knew the logo would be square and center on the back... huge, even. But forcing it on the front like that in the worst area possible? That is sickening...
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4023; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't mind the logos on the back, but is the little Verizon in the top right of the front really necessary? It's the little ones on the front that are the most annoying.
12. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yeah I'm ok with the back too. The thing is, you already see Verizon Wireless 'branding' on the lockscreen towards the bottom of the display. You also see it in the notification shade. Isn't that enough? (at least on the Galaxy S4)
It's probably because LG is an underdog that Verizon can push their branding on them like this. Once Samsung became more powerful, Verizon stopped branding the front of their phones.
5. Commentator (Posts: 2425; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Eeeeeeeew... Even the Verizon logo side-by-side with the LG logo at the bottom would look better...
For some reason, the front of the phone makes me think of some Verizon employee wearing a knit Polo shirt with a little Verizon logo on the left-chest area.
10. milesboy5 (Posts: 147; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
C'mon guys don't you know Verizon needs to advertise their name everywhere?!
Give em some slack, I for one don't think that the front logos look bad, but instead annoyingly, god awful.
13. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I wish more Android OEMs were more like Apple : i'd like to get an android smartphone on any carrier without any of their hideous branding or crappy apps or boot animations and slow updates
14. zachattack (Posts: 571; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
i think all of the rage is unfounded.... still the best of 2013. It's called a case. Smart people case phones this nice. I will agree the front logo is a bit useless. Maybe they added the front one to troll all you whiny people. Either way i'm buying this innovative device. Ya'll can stick to your poop S4's and Note tablets or switch to carriers with crap service.
18. johnriii (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
OMG!!! how right you are. stop whining about verizon and their branding. if this is something that stops you from buying the phone, don't buy it. geeez
15. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
On the bright side lg did smart by putting this phone on all the major carriers this time
20. scsa852k (Posts: 292; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
This is LG's first flagship device that is launching in all 4 U.S. major carriers.
Good for them.
21. zachattack (Posts: 571; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
LG just hit it dead on with this phone. Take a hint samsung, a phone with useful features
22. johnriii (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
hopefully, it will do well. the last time I paid attention to LG (on verizon) was the "revolution". that was an epic fail. healthy competition amongst phone companies is good for the consumer.