Verizon to use Droid title for series of Android phones? AT&T to get the Sholes?
0. phoneArena 24 Oct 2009, 11:43 posted on
New info suggests that Droid is a brand name for all of Verizon's Android devices and the HTC phone we've called Desire will be launched November 6th as 'Droid Eris'...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Tagon42 (Posts: 9; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
So based on this news and the one from yesterday it seems Verizon will launch The Droid and the Droid Eris on the same day, correct?
2. MrRihannaFenty (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
I HOPE THEY COME OUT WITH THE GSM VERSION cause i will love it on TMOBILE!!
4. scroffy (Posts: 40; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
The tmobile version can be called "brickus" after the god of crappy networks and no service.
5. deschats (Posts: 193; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
well no its not the sholes because if at&t were to get the sholes it would be named "useless".
6. johnolesen (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Oct 2009)
i said the same thing on Engadget....This ISNT HAPPENING. The Moto Droid will be the Moto Droid and the HTC Eris will be the HTC Eris. There is no "Droid" Subdivision.
8. scroffy (Posts: 40; Member since: 23 Aug 2009)
kis android finally going to be worth a shit? The droid phones of the last year have sucked balls.
9. artz1986 (Posts: 453; Member since: 11 Mar 2009)
word on the street is this GSM variant is heading to latin america markets...
10. hmcougar09 (Posts: 137; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
ATT needs to back off of Verizon's phones, until VZW gets the iPhone... they shouldn't any of Verizon's. That's totally unfair.
11. remixfa (Posts: 13910; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol, VZW is getting the iphone. and the exclusivity is something they have to pay extra for to the manufacturer. they are not gonna pay extra for every phone that cpomes out.
12. tshow84 (Posts: 65; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)
PA loves to do this..."blah blah blah is coming to AT&T?" this phone is a verizon exclusive...those gsm bands are for canada or latin america just like every other phone thats an exclusive(i remember just a month or two ago they said the i8000L also known as the omnia ii was coming to at&t and it ended up being for latin america)...look for the update tommorow
13. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
its the evasion of the droids eveyone rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnn