Verizon to update Samsung Galaxy S III to Android 4.1 starting on Friday
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2012, 15:10 posted on
Good news for those Verizon customers with the Samsung Galaxy S III as the carrier has announced that it will be updating the flagship Android handset to Android 4.1 starting Friday; the update, which will make the phone Global Ready, will be pushed out in phases so if you are impatient and can't wait for the OTA update, there is always Kies...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2967; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The Jelly Bean has COME BACK TO.........The Galaxy S3.
3. bubba78 (Posts: 54; Member since: 23 May 2011)
I also hope that they fixed the group messaging issue, that when someone replies to a group message it goes into an individual message instead of the group message It lets you send them fine just not receive them. I have Verizon messages app now and it works OK, I just prefer to use the built in messaging app.
6. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 853; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I will be doing manual update checks all night.. I've never wanted a jellybean so bad in my life.
7. tehalley (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
No luck in ALABAMA today, maybe a few more weeks or months!
12. tehalley (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Finally came this afternoon, now getting used to it! :0)
8. justme (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Please don't laugh at me too much, but what should I do before downloading this? What kinds of things get deleted and how do I back them up?
9. 714reyesj (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
62mb? Yeah right mines downloading now and it's 400mb
10. Vince805 (Posts: 21; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Mine is also downloading right now. 400mb!!! JELLYBEAN!!!!!
11. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 54; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Downloaded my 400mb file 2:15 pm today here in connecticut. Yay its like a christmas present. So many new features.
13. infinitiboy92 (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Nov 2009)
Finally Downloading my update.. I feel like a big kid!!