Verizon to say goodbye to 2G and 3G CDMA in 2021
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2012, 00:07 posted on
If you were planning on holding on to your Verizon unlimited data plan forever, better forget it as the carrier has announced that it will sunset both its 2G and 3G CDMA networks by 2021; the early warning is meant more for M2M than for consumers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KParks23 (Posts: 491; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
hopefully by then data will be really cheep... im unlimited 4G anyway :)
14. Castanedaa99 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
By then the carriers will say we're in "5G." lol
2. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
Oh no, but the world is ending this year. Lol, just kidding.
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
And mind you, LTE as we now have it, will be 2G by then easily.
4. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
He does not have to give ten years warning to shut down 2G and 3G, I am wishing he will shut them down when they finish 4G LTE with voLTE in 2013 and expand LTE Advance next , that's the best plan than he said above.
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
reasonable!!! 2021 is still a decade (minus 3) away!!
6. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
By 2020 we might be using the technology Japan is using....now lol.
9. fanesxx (Posts: 74; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Samsung Galaxy S X........hot name, wouldn't get it, but hot name
11. -box- (Posts: 3933; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Will they offer simultaneous voice, data, and text over LTE? No? Ok, moving along...
12. christianqwerty (Posts: 462; Member since: 05 May 2011)
At&t already phasing out 2g and replacing it with 4g(hspa+) , little slow there verizon :p
13. HowMyDictate (Posts: 18; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
HSPA is not 4g, regardless of the brainwashing AT&T tries to fool you.
15. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
Conclusions , 3G sucks , phase them out now.