Verizon to offer texts to 911 by 2013
0. phoneArena posted on 06 May 2012, 02:26
Verizon has announced that it selected TeleCommunication Systems to help it devise a system that will allow its customers to send SMS messages to 911; while Big Red suggests that you make a call to 911 first in the case of an emergency, for those who cannot do so texting is a viable alternative...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GeekMovement posted on 06 May 2012, 02:56 2 0
That would be awesome to come to the other carriers as well. Great idea.
2. sportsinger75 posted on 06 May 2012, 05:55 2 0
Awesome idea. I hope all carriers implement this. Great for situations where calling isn't an option or assistance is needed really quickly.
3. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 06 May 2012, 07:37 1 4
So useful since I need to call 911 so often......?
5. whothisperson posted on 06 May 2012, 13:39 2 1
Did you even read the entire article before commenting.......? It shows a number of good situation where it can be useful. Hopefully you will be in one of them where you will not be able to call 911 and wish you had this service then you will understand.
8. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 06 May 2012, 15:01 0 3
I did, but how often are you going to be in one of those situations.
I think falling off my couch and dieing is more likely than me being in one of those situations!
11. Lucas777 posted on 06 May 2012, 21:14 2 0
well since there dont seem to be any negatives, why not?
4. Droid_X_Doug posted on 06 May 2012, 07:47 2 0
Once VZW's implementation is up and running, expect FCC to put irresistible pressure on the other carriers to have similar capability. Props to VZW for being first.
6. thedarkside posted on 06 May 2012, 13:54 0 0
this wouldve been great to have 3 years ago in my hostage situation.
9. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 06 May 2012, 15:02 0 0
Was that a joke, or are you 4real?
That must have had been scary.
10. thedarkside posted on 06 May 2012, 15:11 0 1
ok so it wasnt a hostage situation, but i did have this guy try and break into my house while i was home.