Verizon to launch its Samsung Galaxy S4 on May 23rd
0. phoneArena 13 May 2013, 19:40 posted on
Looks like Verizon is going to be ready to launch its variant of the 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 one week earlier than expected as Big Red has announced on Monday that it will now make the new flagship Android device available on May 23rd; Verizon is accepting pre-orders for the phone which is priced at $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and a signed two-year pact. If you order online, shipping is free...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. jcarrigan (unregistered)
Now when they say they were trying to push features like the daul shot do they mean they removed it? or is it part of the marketing for the gs4 on verizon?
Cuz it would only make sense that Verizon would remove some awesome features from the phone because they have the tendency to that.
11. jpmcnown (Posts: 34; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Agreed, could the writer be more vague? Does "pushed" me they are rushing to include these features, or pushed em out of the build so the feature isn't available? Pushed as in "trying to market/advertise"?
6. teerex42 (Posts: 166; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
romeoc1984 smart you are smart. I still know of a few people who want the icrap but they don't know tech is the only reason I can think of. Hopefully since I've pre-ordered mine it will be delivered to me on the 23rd. I've been asking around to see if we'll get ours to us by that day or if it will ship to us on the 23rd which would more than likely mean you'd have it by next Friday :)
19. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
R u located in nj ir ny I can purchase it from u
22. porter_ (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
It does kind of blow the iPhone 5 out of the water, check out the comparison here:
3. teerex42 (Posts: 166; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
HD does it really mater at this point? You're getting the best smart phone on the best network period. I had no problem waiting for this bad boy to come to VZW. They don't have the best network for nothing :)
5. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
cdma sucks :P
i'm just kidding, i really don't care about which carrier is better... they take our money in the end right?
8. imkyle (Posts: 1020; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Late @ releasing the "best smart phone"... They have a rep for this and it is getting old.
9. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
S4 has a chance at being outdatted in 2 days anyway, lets see what google reveals in 2 days.
12. teerex42 (Posts: 166; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
They aren't going to release anything of substance. You see the specs for the so called droid x?? It's going to be last years tech... no thanks, I'll pass. I hope they release info on the nexus 5!
31. 14545 (Posts: 1144; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Best network is extremely subjective. Anymore it's a wash between VZW/ATT and service area. Then, pricewise both are horribly expensive for what crap they offer.
10. DRAPicard (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
A week earlier?!!? All I can say is that I am VERY happy by this news :-)
Goodbye HTC Thunderbolt in 10 days!!!!!
14. zrated (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
i'm in the same boat (s4 pre-ordered through wirefly), though i've enjoyed the thunderbolt. it was a huge upgrade from my previous iphone.
13. Dr.Phil (Posts: 924; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Wow, it hasn't even been released yet and it already has a 5 star review hahaha.
15. mikeguy1981 (Posts: 67; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
All I gotta say is what happened to the 32 and 64 gb models of the s4 ! Its the only thing stopping me from buying one. I have more apps on my s3 than the s4 has free space so if i got a 16 gb with usable 9 gb it would be a downgrade and i would have less apps. Come on verizon at least release the 32vers.
25. JasonK_25 (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Normally, I'd agree with you, but it DOES have a memory card slot so you can expand the memory. It decreases the carriers from taking on additional inventory that they aren't sure they can sell. By only offering 16GB with memory card slot, the phone is more appealing to carriers IMO.
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Glad really excited for tommorow, cause ile be receiving the S4 international Exynos A15 5410, first pure A15 ARM CORTEX CPU, with PVRSGX543. And not the useless, scrap pathetic half A9&A15 crapdragon commercial scrap standard chip.
Root is available, Cynageon and AOKP ROM and Siyah Kernels are available already.
Root this and overclocking this to a insane 2.2GHZ, with all 8 cires running togeather.
Holy moly, 8 cores running Android, even the A7 can be clocked upto 1.7Ghz, and also those PvrSgx543 Gpu can reach upto 733Mhz, WTF...
Holy $hi+t ™
17. Quezdagreat (Posts: 427; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I used the s4 its the s3 with weak gimmicks and remote control feature
18. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Its not for ppl like us it for more gear towards ppl who never got the s3 for them to have a reason to buy the s4 now...I guess note or s5 will make us switch
20. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
The 23rd, huh? Funny............cause I had a customer preorder one today, and, when I placed his Iconic Order, the 'Will Ship By' date was the 30th. This was around 1pm, today.
27. DRAPicard (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
It is officially up on the VZW website under the news section.....
And I did chat with a rep today to see if my order would be shipping early. He did confirm the new date is the 23rd and that the pre-orders would potentially be in our hands on the 23rd! He said the worst case scenario would be shipping out on the 23rd....which is still a week early so I am fine with that!
29. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
That's awesome! The date must've change literally right after I placed my cust's order. Hopefully his also ships early! I'm siked for the S4 :D
23. ila420 (Posts: 8; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
Where are the 32GB and 64GB variants? Hurry up Samsung.
24. bnick25 (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 May 2013)
By the time you get your phone on Verizon I will had my phone for a month thats a long time in phone world especially when there a new phone by next month
26. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Why doesnt VZW page say this. Where did this announcement come from. The web site says May 30
28. DRAPicard (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
It IS on the VZW website! Click on the 2nd link under the sources in the main story.....otherwise it is on the main VZW page under the "News" section!
30. whiteteeth (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Anyone know if this thing should have svdo 3G? Thanks.
32. DRAPicard (Posts: 24; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
I did just check-in on my pre-order status with VZW, and the date does officially say 05/23 now!