Verizon to get HTC Hero next month?
0. phoneArena 06 Oct 2009, 15:33 posted on
It looks like Verizon goes straight to the Head of the Class with a November launch expected of the HTC Hero, a Android powered handset with the Sense UI...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sonya (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Oct 2009)
Your welcome. Now everyone who wanted the Hero on Verizon can have it. Though I honestly still care for the original version. But I know no one liked the chin.
20. corymcnutt (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)
I love the "chin" look and it looks like the Verizon version is lacking it too. Storm 2 or HTC Hero, what shall I do?
21. behold--me (Posts: 650; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
hero...sense UI is good but the original software lags a lot :( its fixed now oh i forgot does the hero have multi touch???
22. vaan144 (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Jun 2009)
hero hands down. better software and the screen is better than blackberry's surepress.
2. shaunieo (Posts: 20; Member since: 04 Sep 2009)
I just wet myself; I have been waiting IMPATIENTLY for this announcement, and have been sitting on my new every 2 for an astounding 3 months hoping the holidays would bring what I wanted. Thank you, verizon..........I really didn't want to go to Sprint for a cutting edge handset......Your network is the best (EVER) and now you actually will have devices to match it...........
10. Doakie (Posts: 1176; Member since: 06 May 2009)
You think 3 mos is bad? I became elegible for my 2 yr upgrade last december. Didn't realize it till march, got an Instinct S30 had reception problems returned it, waited. Passed up on the Pre thinking the Instinct HD was going to be out in July. Still waiting now the Instinct HD is finally coming out on Oct 11th... so I've wasted almost a whole year. Which sucks cus I'm a Sprint Premier Customer which means if I upgraded last december I'd be up for another one in 2 months... o well. :) I've got a G1 also to distract me anyway.
4. Pitt4l (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Let us not start - touching each other just yet. If Big Red does not allow all the of the applications,the widgits and the market place that is offered it will be paper weight.
7. VZWfangirl (Posts: 71; Member since: 25 Jul 2009)
It was already discussed this morning EVERYTHING will be open on the Google OS.
5. Sethdras (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
i still want this to have the physical qwerty keyboard so it looks like i will be getting the Droid if that comes out soon, ive been waiting 6 months on my new every two, love it
8. facts&truth (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
your right, it doesn't look all that great to me.
19. shamefulzero (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Apr 2009)
android guys found a doc stating it's called "desire" and that it was the tattoo. i knew it!
11. JC_Agga (Posts: 36; Member since: 24 Aug 2009)
Fail.... no 3.5 headphone jack.... hopeully it's on top of the device.
12. BrokenImaege (Posts: 173; Member since: 27 Jul 2009)
It is on top of the device. The picture with Lowell standing next to him has it shown at the top
18. shamefulzero (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Apr 2009)
that's the moto device with the 3.5 jack.
13. xev11 (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Mar 2009)
the phone next to it is the motorola shore. at least according to every site that reported this.
15. whitman5115 (Posts: 28; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
motorola shules/tao/droid baby! and it looks so sexy and slim. Gotta Have It! Im excited now!
16. xcalibur (Posts: 49; Member since: 18 May 2009)
time to pack my touch pro 2 back in the box and send it back, guess i will using my curve until the sholes comes out.
23. steelrik (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Oct 2009)
Well now that I see up close the phone, looks more like a HTC Tattoo than a Hero, so I dont its a Hero