Verizon to add LTE for locations in Indiana, North Carolina and Michigan on June 21st
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2012, 19:24 posted on
Verizon will add to its total of markets covered by its 4G LTE signal as the switch is turned on for LTE service in markets in Indiana, North Carolina and Michigan on June 21st; those using LTE should see download speeds in the range of 5 to12Mbps and upload speeds in the range of 2 to 5Mbps...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I'm shocked that AT&T launched their 4G LTE in Charlotte, NC before Verizon did. I always thought Verizon had 4G LTE coverage here already, but I guess I was wrong...
3. VZAZGuy (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
How many "actual" 4G markets does AT&T actually even have? What's Verizon at? The wonderful thing about Verizons 4G is that it's actually 4G.......AWESOME!
12. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 215; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
while i agree with you that HSPA+ is just a faster version of 3G, AT&T is actively launching LTE now in its markets. Still very limited for now but within a few years hopefully they will have caught up to VZW.
9. CPGustafson511 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
Verizon launched LTE in Charlotte way back in December 2010. This is the second expansion there.
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
WOW got all excited when i read LTE in Michigan and only 1 freaking city and it's nowhere near me. Got it all around me in Kalamazoo and Lansing, but no just no. Was told we would have it over a year ago.
4. Galen20K (Posts: 541; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Verizon LTE is all around all big cities in South-East Michigan, thats what matters most.
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
That's great and all but I am still waiting for it in my city and the cities around me that I actually visit and since Verizon told me over a year ago we would have it in my area, yea I think I have a good reason to be impatient at this point. I want in on the LTE network that so many people have been spoiled and ungrateful about.
6. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
You do realize that Verizon can't just place towers or new equipment as they please right?
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
And you also realize they shouldnt make claims and give dates too right?
At&t has hspa + here
metropcs has lte here
20 miles from me has Verizon both north and west from me.
8. JC557 (Posts: 1321; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Just like when Verizon said to hope to have FiOS in my area until the municipalities said no. In the end it's not always up to Verizon, they have to deal with the townships and cities which may or may not work out as planned.
13. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 215; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
im pretty grateful to have it... just sayin.
10. Beholder88 (Posts: 82; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I live northeast of Pittsburgh, PA, and the map shows there is no 4G LTE here yet, but my RAZR has been showing it for a month now. It's been erratic and sometimes will not show up for a few days. I would say they must be preparing for another expansion in the Pittsburgh area soon.
11. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I finally was able to experience 4G lte in Gilroy CA....14 megs down and 7 megs up...yeah!!!!